The best looking notebook, period.

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by TSE, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    I have had 3 Alienwares. m17x r2, m11x r1, and now a 14. All were top notch (save for the faulty GPU that came in the 17x) inside and out. I honestly think they have improved in quality greatly with this new alienware 14. The materials inside and out just scream quality and this is all coming from a high end precision/thinkpad owner. I always thought they were quality but not up to snuff with my precision/thinkpad until now. Very comparable. As far as looks I like the no holds barred take on the laptop. They dont try and make it thin and light or conform to style standards. I have no issues taking it to work in full display of my coworkers, but I feel like that much of a gamer when using it for even mundane MS office tasks. The only test it has yet to pass is the test of time.

2. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    I guess it's a matter of relatives. I've never been that impressed with the Precision builds - or Thinkpads for that matter - given the price I do think they've got the balance right with the current-shape range (especially as the alloy exterior isn't some unibody nonsense but a skin + proper subframe executed in a way Apple never decently could with the old-style MBP), but they do fall behind HP IMO. However e.g. in my market I can't buy CTO's direct from HP, which basically means that Dell can undercut them by anything up to >40%(!) for identical specs on paper.

3. Jobine

Jobine Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    AW was just repackaging Clevos before dell bought them :p

4. Vogelbung

Reputations:
    Thought it was the other 'we love your stickers all over our bodies' guys they were repackaging. Are they still in business, forgot who they were...

5. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    They were still *very* impressive machines, and this comes from someone who's not a gamer, or an Alienware buff per se...

6. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Ill agree the HP elites are pretty darn nice, but the abuse I have put thinkpads and precisions through I dont know if the HP could hang. I have seen a few up close and personal but never really got any use out of them so take my opinion with a grain of salt....Plus Im a dell business/old thinkpad snob so that makes me just a hair bias.

7. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    Personally, I think precision and elitebook (what is a zbook? ) build is pretty close (actually ripping them apart) , both have some stupid service/assembling remark. but style wise, hp is ahead, precision chassis is petty easy to look "old", and look heavy and huge even though they are almost the same weight and size.

Though, I can't take hp consumer line looking more apple-ish every gen, where is the real envy?

8. Vogelbung

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

*especially QA

9. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Well my m4400 and m4600 are tanks! I challenge any laptop to put up with the physical abuse they have gone through and still look and perform like new.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

10. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    haha. cant comment on qa since I don't order them in bulk/dozens :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.