The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tinderbox (UK), Sep 20, 2016.

1. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Reputations:
    What are you guy`s watching, I just saw the last episode of "Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu" yesterday and am looking for something to watch.

I am wating to see an anime called Koe no Katachi Other name: A Silent Voice, about a deaf girl.

Do you guy watch streaming anime or download the episodes, I prefer to download them it`s more work but does it save battery power as the wifi is disabled when i watch them on my 10.5" tablet.

I just bought 2 android tv boxes (Mini MXQ RK3229 SOC) one for sitting room and one for bedroom they are quite cheap like £20 each, if you want to watch downloaded 10bit H.264 H.265 1080p or 4K Anime you need to get the right SOC

Even then you need software that will make the most of the hardware, I use MX Player and Kodi, what one player does not play or plays poorly the other normally works fine, so no one piece of software will play eveything.

John.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Jarhead and Kaze No Tamashii like this.
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The only anime I've watched even recently is the adaptation of the PS Vita/Steam game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. However, I couldn't get through the whole thing because it's trying to cram plot from a 20+ hour game into less than half that time (13 episodes). Further, the voice acting, both English and Japanese, is among the worst I've ever heard - and this is coming from someone who's watched more than his fair share of mid-late 90s Manga Entertainment schlock. That being said, I've watched some samples of the Danganronpa 3 anime, and the voice acting seems to be much better, so I may check that out after I've played the second game.

3. Tinderbox (UK)

Reputations:
    I think English dubbing in very good, I don't really remember any bad stuff and i do watch to see if the lips are in sync and am really surprised they normally are, though some Japanese women/girl voices are just so cute i prefer the subtitled version, like with "Black Bullet" and "No Game No Life"

John.

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If Funimation would have kept the voice actors from the game, the anime would have at least been tolerable. As it is, they miscast pretty much everybody, including my favorite character, which makes the show all but unwatchable.

5. Tinderbox (UK)

Reputations:
    For me i loved "Attack on Titan" Anime but i only watched the first 10min of the live action move, it was just too different and must have cost a lot to make when compared to an Anime movie.

John.

6. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I finished up New Game! and Sweetness and Lightning yesterday. Both were quite enjoyable.

7. Tinderbox (UK)

Reputations:
    I watched the first 6 of "Sweetness and Lightning" though i did not know that was the English name, I found it a bit boring.

John.

8. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i am learning japanese just to watch anime and play japanese games without waiting for an english version :p

9. Tinderbox (UK)

Reputations:
    Supposedly Japanese has very few swear words (insults), unlike English which has a million of them :)

John.

10. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i do it for the challenge of expanding myself :p

also, this:

HTWingNut and Tinderbox (UK) like this.