1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

The Alienware Laptop of the Future!

Discussion in 'Side Topics' started by Tristan, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristan

Tristan ΦΔΘ

Reputations:
  2. Joebarchuck

Joebarchuck Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's an interesting concept and I am sure it will happen at some point. The only issue with the video clip is the power supply. Anyone can imagine that the future of power supply will be infinite and certainly not from a power outlet...

3. CokeCanNinja

CokeCanNinja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It should have wireless power. Would this be able to play Crysis 10 on max settings?

4. Megacharge

Megacharge Custom User Title

Reputations:
    Yeah Intel's Nikola Tesla inspired "wireless electricity" adapters might be available by the time we see laptops like this. Interesting laptop concept. Hopefully by then GPU's will be small enough, powerful enough and cool enough to fit in a laptop like that and be able to run the Crysis of that day on all max settings.

5. CokeCanNinja

Reputations:
    It better be, that thing looks 'spensive.

6. ittekimasu

ittekimasu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Neat concept, I just imagine that laptops of the future will maintain the book look possibly just becomming more thinner and possibly including two screens with one acting as a keyboard when needed... kinda like an ipad.. ugh

7. Partizan

Partizan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I prefer walking over the street with a backpack or a postmanbag (don't know how to translate it to english soz) rather than carrying something that reminds me of a purse (its too round, while I prefer square things).

Aside from that the multiple functions which the video showed seem very promising. But i'm glad I'll still be able to buy normal laptops for now, which become thinner and more powerfull and get better and better battery life, which is all I ask for.

8. Tristan

Tristan ΦΔΘ

Reputations:
    They make purses that thin and tubelike?:confused:

The biggest selling point of a laptop like this would be the portability i think. If it was nice and light it would appeal to artists who use computer programs a lot. Save them the cost of materials and the hassle of transporting canvas and media, and replaces them with a nice tablet screen. I'd get one of these for sure, though not for gaming; 1. I don't think gpus are supposed to bend like that 2. it doesnt look intimidating enough to bring to a gaming conference:D

9. CokeCanNinja

Reputations:
    Yes, I think computers will start to look more and more like the *shudder* Itampon.

10. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    Do you really think human race will survive that long? ;)