The absolute disaster has finally been reviewed

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Danishblunt, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahmad hendeh

ahmad hendeh Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Feel free to believe that if that satisfies you.

2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    You would think when 2 people constantly point out your contradictions that at some point you'd realize, but apparenntly delusion is strong on this one.

3. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Facts: Thin and Light= lower performance, throttling. MacBooks are also far from being rendering machines either. They got Left Behind years ago. They even have issues with YouTube even overheating them. Pro, hardly! People who are serious video editors and content creators, have abandoned MacBooks and thin and light jokebooks. To get thin and light, and battery life the yuppies love, you sacrifice performance. You can choose one or the other.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    9ac3, Vistar Shook and KY_BULLET like this.
  4. ahmad hendeh

Reputations:
    Again feel free to believe that if it satisfies your narcissism. Your the one who made that stupid claim that the I7 8750H is different in a laptop like helios 500 compared with the GM501 and the GP63. The burden of proof lays with the guy who makes those outrageous statements, not on me the one refuting you. Your using the chewbacca defense, you spout to much Bs Too fast and hope I have neither the patience nor the time to refute it. Hoping to get away with it and mislead.

This is one of the proper thick laptops you love(helios 500). Even further from full performance than the thin laptops you've been ****ting on for 5 pages.
    20180718_154957.jpg

Between the I7 8700K/I9 8950HK vs I7 8750H this is true. Between the I7 8750H in thick laptops and the I7 8750H in thin ones is false

5. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sorry! Maybe true for your 5 minute project. Work on something lengthy and see which one gets workflow out the door. Big difference between unthrottled hardware with proper cooling when you create content than hobbled thin and light yuppie boxes. Why do you think I carry a Workstation when I have work to do? I need hardware which does not get in my way, and slows down workflow. Faster the work gets done the better the productivity. Proper cooling also sure helps keep down dead boxen. Choose tools or toys? I choose tools.

6. ahmad hendeh

Reputations:
    According to Hitchens's razor it's Danishblunt job to prove THAT I7 8750H THIN LAPTOPS CAN'T PERFORM ON PAR WITH I7 8750H THICK LAPTOPS.

This Danishblunt argument. Listing subsequent CB runs as evidence. Yet when i do this too this evidence becomes BS.

This is not good evidence
    20180718_154957.jpg

Neither is this.(wait until Danishblunt comes screeching about first CB run thing) subsequent aero 15x runs beat the GT63 first run. But this isn't sufficent.
    20180719_020024.jpg

Come on mister know it all @Danishblunt follow Hitchens's razor and prove my statement false, I am tired of listing to you preach about the thick I7 8750H aptops being better . So man up and prove me wrong. Or admit that you are wrong and shut up(which isn't so hard to do)

7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Exacly. Sadly some people have this very odd idea that a thin and light will be able to run it with full performance, when they won silicon lottery and uncervolt. Which everyone with half a brain knows, is absolutely bs.

I don't even know why this kid is still goin on about how some thicker notebooks also have that power limit throttle.

8. ahmad hendeh

Reputations:
    *most thick laptops. The helios 500 and the GT63 aren't even matching the thin ones in CB runs.

Your narcissism is of the charts.

Re listing my argument so you dont ignore it

According to Hitchens's razor it's Danishblunt job to prove THAT I7 8750H THIN LAPTOPS CAN'T PERFORM ON PAR WITH I7 8750H THICK LAPTOPS.

9. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    im not going to find one for you :). and just because someone can't find it for you or you can't find it yourself, does not make you less wrong.

we laptop enthusiasts know thin is unable to cool given the "standard" cooling design that they come with. it can't get stock performance in thin doesnt make it okay for people to accept it, otherwise they'll give you less and less and eventually you'll have a crappy standard you only half of what you pay! (which is now the norm!)

honestly if I want a thin laptop that can cool, it'll be bga, thin layer of vapor chamber to expand contact to heat pipes, it would be 4-6 pipes, cooled by 3-4 fans. that way it'll still have thin design, and capable of cooling it while getting full performance, in exchange for a bulky but thin laptop.

9ac3 and Vistar Shook like this.
  10. ahmad hendeh

Reputations:
    A thin and light with a GTX 1060+ I7 8750H will perform like a thick one with the same configuration.

You can raise the thick one to gtx 1080+ I7 8700K and the thin one would get slaughtered.

Thin ones limit the GPU power to 1070MQ instead of a 1080. And the CPU power to I7 8750H from I7 8700K (overheating I9 8950HK in BGA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.