The 2014 Camaro Z/28

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kais91

kais91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    camaros sit on a pretty heavy chassis imo and nothing can compete with gtr traction and awd. and the launch control on that thing is beyond this world. very few cars in that price range that can compete with it however at the end of the day it's just an altima with 2 turbos lol jk. american cars have never been great on the track however they do seem to be getting a bit better about that.

2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Lets not forget the new corvettes that are better than almost everything else on the tracks. Just sayin'

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Sure the upcoming Z06 and Z51 Stingray are great track cars, but I feel you need to buy the Z51 trim at least to get good track performance; it adds ALOT and is actually worth all the factory goodies:

Z51 Performance Package

The Z51 Performance Package (available on 1LT, 2LT or 3LT), elevates Corvette Stingray to its top performance level. This package includes:

Pacific Design Package for Stingray Coupe
    Atlantic Design Package for Stingray Convertible
    Larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels
    Dry sump oil system
    Electronic Limited Slip Differential
    Larger front brakes (13.6 inch vs. 12.6 inch) with black calipers
    Specific shocks, springs and stabilizer bars
    Differential and transmission cooling
    Unique Aero Package that reduces lift for high-speed stability
    Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport® ZP summer-only tires† that are aggressively tuned to provide outstanding handling, grip and road-holding capability
    Available Magnetic Selective Ride Control and Performance Traction Management
    HD Cooling
    Slotted Brake Rotors
    Performance Gear Ratios

4. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Didn't the Z/28 have a better track time than those Corvettes?

5. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    The 2012 Corvette ZR1 did the nurburgring in 7:19.36 The Camaro Z/28 did it in 7:37.47. That puts them in 12th and 38th place respectively.

6. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    In that case, I think it is a bit overpriced. Because we are close to 100k after taxes already with a fully loaded Z/28. You may as well spend a few thousand more and grab a Corvette. But I suppose if you can throw 100k at a weekend car, the word 'overpriced' probably doesn't exist or has very little weight in your vocabulary. :D

7. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    lol at 100k I could just get a GT-R, or I'd put a little more for the 2015 Nismo, probably one of the fastest production track cars..

8. ahl395

ahl395 Ahlball

Reputations:
    Coming from a Mustang fanboy, the Z/28 is a pretty impressive car. I have never drove one, but going by what I've heard and read. I like the new exterior styling as well.

However, the interior of Camaros are so ugly in my opinion, I wish they would change the interior, perhaps I would consider coming out of my Mustang house then.

Then again, for the price of a Z/28, I could think of other cars I would much rather buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.