The 2014 Camaro Z/28

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    What are your thoughts on this vehicle?

That's a pretty good review. I think it's a great looking car. I've never owned a Camaro myself. They're redesigned for 2014, and apparently have improved a lot.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  2. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
  3. J.Dre

Reputations:
    I had the chance to drive a 1LE - it was awesome. I've driven Mustang's, base Camaro's, etc. but nothing stacked up to the 1LE. The Z/28 is like the 1LE on steroids. I'm almost certain I'd love the driving experience. Too bad there isn't a track nearby...

4. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I haven't driven any of the new Camaros, hopefully it's better than the older 1SS I drove a few years ago. The rear view (if you can even call it that) was atrocious. Seems like with the Z/28 they actually decided to go serious with track performance, something which normal muscle cars seem to be missing. But it's hard to compare the GT-R to really anything, it's track oriented in a completely different way then every other car but the older Skylines.

5. CryoBolt

CryoBolt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm. Feels like old news already.

Anyways, I really like my american muscle, specially Chevrolet, but at a starting price of $75,000 there are a lot of options out there.

Probably would fork over the extra cash for the Z06, before I would buy this.

Sent from my SGH-T999

6. J.Dre

Reputations:
    The Z/28 is supposed to be better than the Z06.

7. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    I can't see this being the fact. Even with upgraded suspension, brakes, it still weighs over 3800 pounds which is insanity. It maybe better/lighter than a ZL1/1LE but that's...not really saying much. And holy moly starting price 75k?? That's Z06 prices.

8. J.Dre

Reputations:
    I didn't believe it at first either. I did some further research, and watched several reviews of the engineers from Chevy. Apparently both Corvette and Camaro teams worked together to design the Z/28. Almost the entire Z/28 is based off the Z06, including the suspension, brakes, engine, etc. minus a few differences.

When they said the Z/28 was better, I think they meant, "on the track."

9. CryoBolt

CryoBolt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'll wait until some third party reviews. Relying on GM engineers is a little sketchy in the credibility department; could just be some over hype.

Sent from my SGH-T999

10. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    A few years a go, a coworker got one of the new Camaros (a lower-trim model, nothing like the Z/28). I didn't drive it, but just from sitting in it, I can confidently say it has the worst outward visibility of any car I've ever been in in my life. And that' for forward as well as rearward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.