The 2012 Samsung Series 9 13.3" (NP900X3B)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by wow400, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wow400

wow400 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thought I'd try & separate the new from the old....

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Samsung Series 9 13.3in: first-look review | PC Pro blog

And from Engadget:

Samsung unveils redesigned Series 9 laptops with 13- and 15-inch displays, starting at $1,399 -- Engadget

[​IMG]

2. 1994F7PT

1994F7PT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    god its leaps and bounds up in sexiness from the first one, and that was one hell of a looker anyway!!

i'm in love with the looks, hopefully the hardware will live upto the promise :)

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I see that two different reviewers have contrasting comments about the quality of the display.

John

4. wow400

Reputations:
    There is a very good chance that this will become my new laptop although I may well wait for the Ivy Bridge revamp later on this year...

I did see the differing opinions about the screen - I think we'll know more when the production machines reach reviewers after CES.

As a constant traveller, I'm interested to see how big the PSU is as well!

5. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    Did they receive screens from different manufacturers?

6. xzybit

xzybit Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Do you think they will refresh it with the new chipset? Q3/Q4 would be my guess, so a long wait and then next January you are looking at new products coming out.

So since I haven't been paying attention since getting a job a few years ago, lol, what is Ivy Bridge going to do better than Sandy Bridge? Will it be all USB 3.0? That's all I really know about it, seems like Sandy Bridge i5 will work fine won't it? I'm still running a Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz

7. 1994F7PT

1994F7PT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    my sandybridge core i5 (2557m) has all the power i think i'll ever need in a mobile platform. it runs everything i can throw at it in terms of browsing and multitasking within windows and it can run some of my old games fast as lightning with the built in gpu (intel HD 3000). for instance it will run LOTR the battle for middle earth 2 on full graphics and native 1366x768 resolution no problems at all :)

so in terms of portable power i'm happy, however i love gadgets and this new samsung looks lovely. but i would be tempted to wait for the ivybridge purely as i already have the lightest ultrabook on the market currently with sandybridge in it, so i have no need for another! lol!

8. wow400

Reputations:
    Apparently, Ivybridge is going to bring far better graphics ability but I almost never play games, I just like the next best thing!

So long as the screen is good, then I'll be happy...

9. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    When it's Intel graphics, you can be assured that drivers suck even if the raw power is there.
    I believe the main aim of IB is to reduce power consumption for full day computing, not too much for performance.

10. SoundsGood

SoundsGood Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure they could have fit a column of keys for Home/End/PgUp/PgDown on the new 13" version (like they did on the new 15" version). I'm really sorry to see that they didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.