[Test] Aorus X5

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Mr Najsman, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    everything you say is totally incorrect. since maxwells release, the 980m throttles on every laptop....

Im not sure why someone would send you a laptop to test what youre practicing to do or what. especially one that came out last summer. We tested everything.

2. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i can overclock too to maximum and the cpu will not throttle in the stress test for ...

forever. hours. years.

I dont know what is wrong with you, you may have changed a setting in the cpu that messed it up.

But most importantly nothing you say about current hardware is correct. the 5700 almost never throttles. it throttles way less than the one before it or the one after it.

I think the other gigabytes with it may throttle more than the aorus they have way less cooling and are smaller too. normalltyt if yuo mean the p35x it also has a red hot 980 m

3. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    When I first repasted it it was in the 60s for a 3dmark test. The hottest it gets is during the cpu part of firestrike I can show you that in a minute. Ill reproduce this newbies tests I guess.

I can get the temperature up to 90 during firestrike

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  4. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In my XTU stress test the CPU stayed at 3.49 GHz for the full 5 minutes (after repaste). No thermal, power or current throttling. Which is surprising considering it´s an HQ.

Wow you´re coming of pretty strong, offensive borderline douchebag. Especially since I just posted I saw the same results you claimed. Well not quite, I can´t keep my CPU under 80C while overclocked.
    I had doubts because these thin laptops have a history of overheating the CPU, which mine also did, and I´ve seen your fanboi posts in the X5-thread and think you are a wee bit biased towards your own machine.
    You don´t have to believe me. I have tested enough Clevos and Gigabytes to know what I´m doing.

Haha just stop :D This isn´t even true on the slim laptops. Please hop on over to the Clevo section with that claim, I´d like to see the responses.
    I´ll give you a single point for the last sentence, I was surprised too when Gigabyte asked me because of its age but I didn´t ask.

steberg likes this.
  5. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    upload_2016-1-29_13-44-40.png

Attached Files:

6. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hey everything you said was wrong and obviously ignorant. You came off as pretty douchey to me, and everyone can review what you said and see its totally incorrect.
    you contradicted the actual owners of the machine which is pretty arrogant and couldnt have an outcome other than being wrong imo
    Theres some remark about how my 5700 broadwell cpu must be a record or whatever, when all tests show the same thing the broadwell doesnt throttle much in most of the laptops its in.... which are gigabytes and msi mostly

not clevos. So if you did test.... gigabytes.... right? It does run hotter and throttle in their p35 p34 might be a model with it i didnt look it up.... But not in aorus laptops which are going to be just the x7 and x5
    I guess I can try to see where that comes from if you tested a p35. Ive seen like a dozen tests on the aorus x5 from the aorus forum and they all pretty much are the same. They could need repasting and they could not. Mine didnt throttle even when it was new but it was a lot hotter
    it may be in other laptops but not clevos that i can recall

7. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Do you have a picture of repasting the x5 you dont own? with gellid ultra, coincidentally the brand i used and you just had laying around.

RIIIIGGGHHHTTTT douchey

which part of what were looking through is a fact which is entirely BS?

you asked me to take time out of my day to display for you what I know for a fact which isnt friendly its rude. So I took that time for you or for whoever needs facts. I guess if someone was looking to buy the x5 when theres a new one coming out, ignore this guys temperatures theres something wrong with his tests.

8. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    wait so were not even asking for thermal throttling. you have undervolted the cpu an you are power throttling now? my test shows that it doesnt power throttle either but thats a bizzarre switch.

for those who dont know haswell cpus are terrible with power throttling but overall broadwell is very difficult to get to power throttle in any case but its apples and oranges. Not overclocked, your broadwell will not power throttle ever..... ever....totally different problem

so my xtu tests at 5 minutes show 16c below yours without overclocking.

but if you overclock the cpu you can power throttle it. I can do a test for you that may show it.

it will be nothing like haswell it will be barely detectable. i will show a 5 minute stress test. I doubt it will show up in that an xtu stress test is mild, i would be able to see it in the phyysics test of 3dmark 11
    absoutely there is power limit throtttling when overclocked it got to 67 percent. repasting shouldnt change this in any way. you can play with undervolt etc I did months ago but i just dont overclock it now.

even overclocked it doesnt thermal throttle. its not even close actually but a 5700 will power throttle overclocked like a haswell

9. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    there it is i guess the never throttling 5700 at 2 minutes 30 seconds. its there at 5 minutes 10 minutes..... its there at 30 minutes.

I guess its possible to power throttle it but mine never does neither does any of the other owners. Mine never throttles before I repasted it for a few months but then eventually it would thermal throttle after long gaming sessions.

just a rude, incorrect statement you have there based on ignorance and i was glad to point it out for you.
    you insinuated i was biased or whatever and i was glad to point out youre full of it.

10. Mr Najsman

Mr Najsman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In the bottom left of your posts there´s an Edit-button. Please use it.

This shows a temperature of 91C. Thats´s more than "not 80s".

I presented my findings, nothing more. I later revised them after a repaste. In my original post this contradicted your experience, is this arrogant? The 5700HQ in my X5 thermal throttled like crazy, that´s not arrogant, that´s fact.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let´s move on before you embarrass yourself more.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to test this. After all, that´s what NBR is for, testing laptops and contribute to the community.

Where do you even get this from? Not once have I stated I power throttled. After I got rid of the thermal throttle I expected a power throttle but it doesn´t happen. The HQs usually do but this one doesn´t. This part is very interesting and we need to test more.

Saying soldered Broadwells wont power throttle is just wrong.
    After repaste I got a peak temp of 83C in XTU, just slightly above your 77C.

So your 5700HQ will actually power throttle., as oppossed to never throttle, ever

The absence of power throttling is indeed interesting. But it doesn´t change that:

1 Most slim laptops overheat the CPU
    2 Most HQ-CPUs can´t hold their clocks for more than 2-2.5 minutes, this one can.
    3 You are obviously very attached to your X5. Even if you´ve tested yours 100 times it´s still just a single laptop. Please check the other subforums for info regarding throttling CPUs and general behaviour.

Convel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.