Takeda Stage-2 Cold Air Intake Installed

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree, I had my 2011 Civic at the dealer this morning to get a oil change and have the tires rotated. First chance I've had to actually sit in the 2013's and check them out up close.. Really nice and fixed any complaints I had about the 2012. Have 1 more year left on my lease, still undecided between the SI and a VW GTI.

2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Agreed! They did fix and upgrade a lot of the things I hated about the '12.

The Si, in general, is probably the best car you can get for your money. I would get the Si if I were you.

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Get a Civic Si please.

4. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have yet to drive either the new Si or the GTI but I've been really happy with my 2011 Civic so I'm leaning towards the Si. Also, the base GTI is the same price as a fully loaded Si. I'll still have to test drive the GTI though.

5. J.Dre

Reputations:
    I've been noticing pretty crappy MPG with this intake. It could be because to really hear/feel the CAI I have to push the car, but I don't do this often. :cool: It could also be because of my all-season tires. I heard tires do this sometimes...

6. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There is a saying, if power output doesn't drop more than 10% or fuel consumption rise more than 10%, then the tuning has succeeded ;)

I noticed a nice change in fuel consumption and acceeleration when I changed my winter tyres on (19" summer to 16" winter ones). All for show... and some cornering feel.

7. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you disconnect and re-connect the negative battery terminal after the install? PCM may need to re-learn the mix with the increased intake air volume.

8. J.Dre

Reputations:
    Nope, I didn't disconnect anything. Do I need to? The MPG is hovering at 22.5 MPG - 23 MPG, never goes above 23 MPG even if I coast down hills and on the highway... weird.

My "check emission system" light came on the other day, and went off yesterday, then came back on today as well. Something is wrong, has to be.

9. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unplug the negative battery terminal for 15-30 minutes for any kind of modification to the emissions system is recommended. You need to have the PCM learn and re-meter for the A/F curve now that the engine is able to draw more air than what the factory system was capable of. Drive the car casually afterwards for 50-100 miles, and the PCM should figure out where it needs to be by then. You may notice the engine stumble and hesitate a bit at first, but that should stop fairly quick.

As for the check engine light, make sure the MAF sensor is secured to the intake tubing, no leaks. I believe there should be a rubber O-ring on the MAF sensor making a perfect seal once it is secured to that tube. Make sure the section of the tubing that connects to the throttle body is clamped down and not leaking or have visible gap where they overlap. The CEL may be caused by the metered airflow from the MAF is less than what is actually going into the engine, which will trigger it if the variance is great enough.

10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Make sure the MAF sensor is clean as well. I most aftermarket filter manufactures advise you to oil the filters very heavily, this can cause the sensor to get covered in oil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.