Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Of course, on the same motherboard. I’m supposed to believe that after spending extra money on pre binned chip and using custom Bios you didn’t do any other tweaks that could possibly explain the 5% difference in some benchmark. Sure.

2. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    Getting 1266 as I got with a mobility chip with stock RAM is a very good comparison to stock 8700K. Papusan just has an undeniable vendetta against all laptops that are not socketed (do not get me wrong a socket is always better!) but to get laptops as thin as possible you do not have the luxury of a socket. I absolutely love how thin my RB15 is compared to the clevo p870dm3 I replaced it with.

Joikansai likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    What I in short said... Neither the predecessor i7-8750H or i7-9750H is near 8700K. This is all I said. And I have never talked about or mentioned in my posts anything about better vs worse. See... BGA vs. LGA. I just clarified the differences. +1460 vs. 1300 is more like 160 points or around 4.5 bin. Take it for what it is. And for last time... Binned chips or not does't matter in this context. We talk about low clocks. Even below stock clock speed.

https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cineben...Id=processor_5711&cores=6#start=0#interval=20

https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cineben...Id=processor_5870&cores=6#start=0#interval=20

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    ole!!! and Joikansai like this.
  4. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree, I had Sager 8268/Clevo P150sm years ago and that ship has sailed, no need to travel with 9lb ballast anymore. I love everything about the 9750h equipped Blade, other than keyboard and Synapse3. I wish there was a way to have custom fan curves and separate software to control keyboard backlight. That thing costs me almost 1000 firestrike points.
    Oh, so all of that was about wording and not about my inability to perform scientifically accurate test results leading to appalling 5% difference. Good to know. Binned chips don't matter, people who buy binned chips do. I'll tell you what - when I'll have a moment I'll match your score on 8700k and will save a list of all the stuff I had to do. I'm travelling next two weeks so it will have to wait.

I should submit my 9750h results to that hwbot database. I'm going to be No 2 in the world with that chip!

Joikansai and Hackintoshihope like this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Once again, Binned 8700K or not doesn't matter for the scores we here talk about (stock or underclocked). A ordinary or better say an average 8700K chips will nicely run equal a Binned at those clocks. Even oc'd within its own clock range. We don't talk about high clock speed (see maxed oc'd) and pushed to near throttling point where the Binned chips can have an advantage if it can run higher clocks or at lower temp vs. lower binned one. It seems we talk about different things. But I shall not occupy the thread much longer.
    I would do that. You'll receive Points as you know:)

ole!!! likes this.
  6. Hackintoshihope

Hackintoshihope AlienMeetsApple

Reputations:
    This seems to match your 8700K... you are so silly @Papusan ;P

https://hwbot.org/submission/4219122_berfs1_cinebench___r15_core_i7_9750h_1311_cb

7. i_dima

i_dima Newbie

Reputations:
    BSOD after BIOS mod(
    I didn’t install XTU and TS. But I installed 3200 memory

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Beside drivers, undervolting/overclocking bsod can be also happened by new ram, nothing to worry that’s like a breakfast for most tweakers here:D I had even orange screen of death lol.

9. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    can't really argue with them, just the title of the thread has inept issue.

even if it does give control and not throttle due to PL, the actual hardware with heatsink will eventually be a limit in their thin laptop just the way it is.

razer knows this, so they make shared heatsink with lots of copper all the time as it is their only real way to tackle the problem.

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Actually base Blade 15 without vapor chamber cooling isn’t bad at all.
    07D8AA18-A7D1-4AA9-80E1-1BFAFA55B504.jpeg
    Notebookcheck Source
    Razer Insider Source , new base Blade 15 2019 with rtx 2060 told that he has great temperature and mentioned vapor chamber isn’t actually great for a laptop.