Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. phusho

phusho Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This whole thread and other one for throttle is full with pictures and step by step guides and instructions

wireproof likes this.
  2. Padron431

Padron431 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for reply but
    I mean how to use and program with a physical programmer

3. EddyM2

EddyM2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Which model do you have exactly? I've just read through several massive threads on here and noticed a few more detailed posts about how to do this with certain models, so I might be able to help point you to them.

Padron431 likes this.
  4. Padron431

Reputations:
    Thanks you so much!
    That would bei great. Its a RBS early 2020 with GTX 1650ti with BIOS 1.04. RZ09-0310

5. EddyM2

Reputations:
    Ok, I think the only one I've come across so far that seems to be for that particular model is this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...l-hidden-options.830993/page-29#post-11041270

That seems to show the things that are specific to that model (i.e. location of the chip etc), but yeah, you'll probably have to combine that with other, more general instructions/videos etc about how to use the programmer itself.

I think this would be one of the other how-to posts that they mention, which is perhaps a bit more comprehensive (and has links to even more information), but obviously isn't for your particular model: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...l-hidden-options.830993/page-26#post-11036406

wireproof and Padron431 like this.
  6. Padron431

Reputations:

Thank you so much! Thats exactly what i searched. But one little question: He said the BIOS Chip "W25Q128BV" is the right one. How can i Tell that this is also the right one for the stealth? Maybe the AMI Tool can Tell me? Or what you think?

Thanks again. :)

7. EddyM2

Reputations:
    I have no idea about that bit sorry, I haven't actually tried doing any of this on mine (and it's a late 2019 model anyway). In the howto post for the 2020 model, it says the software "Will auto pick right chip (ends with BV)", so I guess that would be consistent with it also being "W25Q128BV".

But I think I've also seen some other people mention in their posts that their laptop had a different chip from the usual one for their model anyway, although at least the physical location of it on the board should always be the same within each model. Maybe if you look very closely at the chip it might have a code or something printed on it, which might either match with the chip name in the software or you might be able to Google the code to match them up?

Also another thing to note (if you haven't seen it mentioned already), for when you attach the clip onto the chip, pin 1 of the chip is not where the green dot is (if there is one). It's where there's a small round indentation on the chip (if there is one). But Razer also seem to mark pin 1 with an arrow on the board next to it anyway, pointing to that pin, so that's what I would go by.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  8. Padron431

Reputations:

Thank you again! I watched a bunch of videos about thos Programmer. Its not that hard to understand. I think all problems are solved now.
    Except for the physical programming, it is the same process as with the AFI tools only. Look that it's the right chip - look that it has the right name - Look that the bracket is right around (pin 1 on red) and then extract, change, and replay. I think I can do that.
    I will report by success. Thanks again!

9. Padron431

Reputations:
    Hi again,

So i tried to flash the chip but in the CH341a.exe there is no "W25Q80DVNIG" Chip listet, which i have in my RBS. Any ideas? Also i found another Chip in my board: W25Q128JV. Haha yes, its getting complicated.

I also tried to use 1.4. but nothing works. The Q80 Chip is a 8MB Chip and the Q128 is a 128MB chip
    Hmm i think i found a solution I found something in an HP forum that apparently the ASProgrammer 1.4 can read these chips. now the only question is whether the BIOS is on the 8 or 128MB chip?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  10. Padron431

Reputations:
    Me again,

no matter what i do, its always say "IC NOT RESPONDING"
    I'm now currently browsing this forum here, but maybe someone has an idea why it might be?

I hope this conversation turns out to be a little guide for future Razer blade stealth 2020 owners.

Attached Files:

• IC.PNG
      IC.PNG
      File size:
      29.8 KB
      Views: