Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can check this page for values I uploaded it pretty similar with values with Blade 15 here. For checking wattage try using intel power gadget.
    I think 9750H is coming with -100mV Undervolting try lowering it to -70, on 8750H with more than -70 I had also BSOD.

2. Shkronk

Shkronk Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, however i'm getting higher Passmark scores on stock FW compared to the modded one based on the recommendations, around 10% less...can't get my head around this...This is on late 2019 RBS 13" with 1650

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Didn’t check passmark but on 3Dmark, cinebench it bumped cpu score as expected due running always on highest clock, on real usage like gaming I don’t feel default actually worse, both for my use case are fine, so maybe for around a month I use default one since I prefer cooler temperature.

4. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I just tried doing this on a 2019 version, RTX 2080 (+ 32 GB ram and +2 TB Intel NVMe, if it matters somehow) and no matter what, the CPU VR menu doesn't show up.

I'm not even posting pictures or anything because it looks just like in the uploaded screenshots, but yet, they don't show when I reboot.

I'm attaching the modded bios just in case someone wants to have a look at it.

Did this happen to anyone else? Can anyone help with that?

Thanks.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  5. TheodoreT

TheodoreT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @stranula would you mind sharing your settings with me as well. Thanks in advance.

6. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its the NVME, you have to do a lot more mods to the BIOS to get it to work with the new NVME. You can find more info here http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...otential-to-unlock-all-hidden-options.830993/

Check your PM

Check your PM

7. ash allen

ash allen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey. I bricked my blade doing this a while back (I wasn’t following this specific guide, I stupidly downloaded a custom bios from a Razer blade 2017 ultimate optimisation guide that was pinned on the Razer Reddit page) and I’ve been wondering how I’d go about removing the brick, could you possibly help me out or point me in the right direction?

Razer have told me it will cost £1000 to fix..

8. No0B

No0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, there's no other way than to flash the BIOS chip via an external device, since we don't know how Razer implemented BIOS flashback, if at all (likely not at all).

I've mentioned the tool here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ll-hidden-options.830993/page-9#post-10980631. Using this, you'll be able to flash a fresh and correct BIOS to the BIOS chip on the motherboard (of course only the right region, the one you overwrote back when you bricked the device), which should get the machine going again if it all works out.

9. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is there a workaround for this on the RB17 Pros that ship with a -100 undervolt at boot? This loadline change will crash it right?

10. Angrybot

Angrybot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You should be able to get good results without changing the loadline. I believe the only change you actually need to make in any of this is either the IMON slope or IMON offset (just one - no need for both). An IMON slope of -50 will mean that the system thinks the CPU wattage is 1/2 of actual.

So if you're actually at 60w, it'll think it's 30. That means that on, say, balanced mode with a 35W limit, you can actually run at 70W (assuming cooling keeps up).

That being said - I've only tried this on a blade stealth, where only adjusting the IMON slope works just fine.

BartusCompater and amihail91 like this.