Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In testing, I found that if I only set the slope, full 6 core boost at 4.0ghz reports 44W, so it doesn't throttle. But by not setting the offset, I can more easily throttle myself when on battery. So its up to you to decide what to do

amihail91 likes this.
  2. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it true that offsetting the reported voltage would increase graphics card performance at all?

3. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't believe it should impact the GPU, where it could have an impact in gaming is that if you prevent power limit throttling, the CPU will run at higher clocks during gaming, and thus could see a resulting performance boost.

amihail91 likes this.
  4. LVNeptune

LVNeptune Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No clue what changed but now my laptop is running 60-65c when plugged in and a little cooler when unplugged. Like the CPU isn't stepping down or something, not sure. Battery life has gone from 4-5 hours down to about 2 hours. Definitely shouldn't be running this hot when idling and undervolting by a bit. Was fine for a few weeks.

5. McStilton

McStilton Newbie

Reputations:
    I am planning on doing this on my Razer Blade Stealth 13" late 2019. What should I do differently from the OP? Tips before I start? As far as I understand the only real difference should be the IMON values or am I wrong?

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can take a look this page as well there’s bios file uploaded and screenshot from setting. Don’t forget to take shoot on original values once you want to revert it.

7. McStilton

McStilton Newbie

Reputations:
    I followed the guide and used the screenshot from the other thread when modding bios in the RSB late 2019. Still when I benchmark with userbenchmark it says the cpu is throttled at "86% by Windows". I checked the plan settings for ultimate and it says maximum processor state is at 100%. Suggestions?

8. Zorn_

Zorn_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you use the BIOS file that was linked in the thread? I have tried flashing it and it does not add any options for me to my BIOS and I have been trying to figure out what went wrong.

9. McStilton

McStilton Newbie

Reputations:
    I modded the file according to this thread. Was there any difference between them?

I have gone through the whole guide and can change options in bios. They are just under slightly different titles.

10. MagillaGorilla

MagillaGorilla Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Stranula, been a while since I've been in the forum. Would you mind sharing the modded Bios for mid-2019 Blade 15 with 9750h - 2070mq - 240hz? Trying to squeeze a little more out of this beast. Appreciate it!