Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, the flashing likely worked fine. Razer has implemented another setting such that certain NVME drives will trigger another mechanism to hide the additional options you attempted to unhide. In order to get around it, you have two options. You can pull out the drive, access the BIOS, make your changes then put the drive back in. Or you can go to the thread I linked to and make more advanced changes to the BIOS such that you bypass the second line of option hiding. Which machine do you have?

tiliarou likes this.
  2. nyichiban

nyichiban Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the Blade 15 advanced 2019 with 2070MQ, the one with 9th gen and 240hz display. So what part do I need to change further? You mean the hex editing part?

3. stranula

Reputations:
    Sent you a link via PM.

4. nyichiban

Reputations:
    Got the PM and flashed and BIOS now unlocked! Question is should I go and do the updates in BIOS as per the OP on this post? I think that's for the 8750 but will be the same or similar with the 9750?

5. nyichiban

Reputations:
    So don't use the settings as the OP if you have a 9750H. My laptop somehow turned on by itself and was heating up in my backpack on its own. System got so hot that screen was blank and too hot to touch.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. nyichiban

Reputations:
    Just so I don't cause confusion, the setting I used in BIOS might have caused the issue of my laptop. Not sure if anyone else would experience this but it could be several issues that could have been user error as well. I thought I had shutdown the system but might have closed the screen before it fully shut down and was still on or the power plan didn't allow sleep mode when screen is closed, not sure as the laptop is at home now. Somehow though I think it was turned on by itself somehow unless the battery lasted really long as I unplugged it 4pm EST and found it burning in my laptop at 930pm EST so roughly 5h30minutes on battery.

7. Zorn_

Zorn_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are there any modified BIOS' out there for the new Blade Stealth with 1650 that unlock some additional options?

tiliarou likes this.
  8. stranula

Reputations:
    Yes, you can still implement the same changes, they will work fine. If you want to run your laptop at absolute full power, do the IMON Slope changes. This will increase temps and power given to the system, so may ultimately decrease the life of your product, or have other unintended negative consequences. So do this at your own discretion.

Probably not until you make one. Go to my other thread for detailed info how to do it, if you have questions, ask them over there.

9. stranula

Reputations:
    This is an issue with several windows laptops, including the Razer. It doesn't happen frequently, but it does happen. You just have to make sure that it is completely off before storing it away.

10. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @stranula just to clarify, do you only need the IMON Slope = 50 setting or do you need the -31999 offset as well?