Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Undervolting doesn’t bring too much improvement since I think this’s already low voltage cpu. Yes for wishkey lake it’s a great score. I didn’t see any improvement with undervolting on 1065g7 and 8550U stealth but both are around 20% better score than default, with maybe 20% extra heat come with. On stealth late 2019 with better cooling solution (maybe similar with early 2019), it can handle the heat just fine unlike 2017 8550U one.

sYnSBG likes this.
  2. ViperGeek

ViperGeek Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi @veridiux. Did you ever figure out why Cache Voltage changed, but Core Voltage did not? I made the same BIOS .rom change, and experienced the same unexpected results:

[​IMG]

- Dave

3. veahavarde

veahavarde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there any way to control the fanspeed in custom bios?

I really want it to be able to sit on 5-10% speed all the time, instead of fanless untill 50 degrees C and than like 50% speed for a short while.

4. ViperGeek

Reputations:
    I'm not sure about from within the BIOS, but it's pretty easy to configure in Synapse 3:

[​IMG]

- Dave

5. veahavarde

veahavarde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My synapse looks different, the minimum fan speed I can set here is 3500RPM.

upload_2020-1-6_6-39-43.png

Edit: It's version 3.4.1112.111915

Attached Files:

6. No0B

No0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm going to chime in to say that you'll need to activate the overclocking feature toggle in the overclocking menu for the voltages to become applied. The Vcore voltage offset is applied to the cache for me. As presented by ThrottleStop, Vcore affects Vcore and cache, the two iGPU voltage offsets affect the corresponding voltages as you would expect and Uncore in the BIOS reflects on the System Agent voltage.

Nope. Fan speeds are controlled by the EC firmware and we don't have control over that unfortunately. Or rather, limited control via Synapse.
    @ViperGeek has a 2019 Blade. They expose different settings for the 2018 and 2019 model.

veahavarde likes this.
  7. ViperGeek

Reputations:
    And that's the confusing part. AFAICT, I've got all the OC menu items unhidden:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Are there other menus of which I'm unaware, or is my RBA 15" mid-2019 laptop being difficult?

- Dave

8. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm looking into this question now.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  9. sebs110

sebs110 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have some problems on Moding the BIOS of my Mid 2019 Razer 15 Advanced. I have tried everything I found in the forum but it still not appearing any new menu in the Bios. I have a Sarbent 1Gb NVME HD. Anybody can help me if I share my bios file?

10. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The razer BIOS doesn't play well with some NVMEs for some reason and requires a lot of additional hex editing to get all of the options to show up. I've unlocked the entirety of the RB15 mid 2019 advanced BIOS. Check your PM.