Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Nashi

Nashi Newbie

Reputations:
    Also have this problem..
    where can I find the 0x3DC , kind of new to bios stuff..

2. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This variable is different on every machine, this is just how it looks like on mine. I had to manually hex edit the dump and change all "Suppress if" in the spots that I needed after swapping SSD.

3. Nashi

Nashi Newbie

Reputations:
    got it, is there any keyword to search for so search the correct things to modify?

4. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To fix the options not showing with a 3rd party cloned SSD, I had to just change all suppress if checks.
    Unfortunately, the way I ultimately was able to get it to work with a 3rd party cloned ssd was by changing every suppress if to FF00. Where this gets even more tiresome, and where I actually got everything unlocked, was checks that say supress if 0x### equals 0x1 or 1600 or 1700. Those 1600 and 1700 were what were keeping it hidden for me. Which version of RB15 do you have?

6. Nashi

Nashi Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks, I'll look into it tonight
    RBS13 late 2019 (white)

7. waynerdog

waynerdog Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an early 2019 RBS and successfully modded the bios by following the first post. At first, I was able to get clock speeds of 4.4 ghz with turbo and limited it to 3.8 ghz using TS. In both cases, I'm getting massive stutter in any game I play, with the fps constantly fluctuating. This was not the case before flashing the bios. I'm using the Razer Core V2 with a GTX 1070. Thanks for the help.

Edit: In case anyone else runs into the same problem, I fixed it by disabling the MX150 in the device manager. It's strange that this wasn't a problem before flashing the bios though.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019 at 9:46 PM