Take Full Control of your Razer Blade w/no PL Throttling

Discussion in 'Razer' started by David Kirchik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Throttlestop is reporting wrong bus speed on Ice Lake, 65MHz instead of 100. Your CPU is running at 3.5 GHz when fully loaded.

2. Thysanoptera

Reputations:
    All options set to USER are not visible again. The only change I made was to clone the SSD to another one and replace it.The IMON changes I made are still persistent, but I can't access them anymore. I tried flashing back - no change, dumping current Bios has USER properly set everywhere. I have no idea what is going on, this is on Blade Stealth.

EDIT: I don't know how, but apparently the variable 0x3DC somehow was set to 0x0. I've changed all the Suppress If: with it to 0xff00 and I'm good, got it all back.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  3. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's great info to have. I also cannot access my advanced features due to cloning the boot drive, and have to remove it each time to access. I'm going to have a look at 0x3dc and see if that fixes it for me too.

EDIT: Unfortunately, my 0x3DC doesn't show anything relevant, what was the form which this corresponded for you? What does the rest of the section look like? Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. Thysanoptera

Reputations:
    Pretty much all primary forms inside “Advanced” were suppressed with it. I just replaced them all in bulk (it was used 127 times) and this made options visible that still had “Default” as user access. But I had 0x3DC explicitly defined as variable suppressing all those options in original bios dump.

5. stranula

Reputations:
    Yeah, I finally decided screw it, I'll just go through and turn every check to FF00, so I made all "Suppress if:" and "Grayout if:" to FF00, and now I've got a completely open BIOS and it works with my cloned NVME which it didn't like before.

Thysanoptera likes this.
  6. Thysanoptera

Reputations:
    So did you do like a regexp containing all possible names of the variables or did you change some select few?

7. stranula

Reputations:
    I couldn't find an easy way to find and replace using wildcards and only replace one portion. So I used 010 Editor which will search and highlight all locations matching the search terms. I did a wildcard search for what I wanted (0A 87 ? ? ? ? 00 00, 0A 87 ? ? ? ? 01 00, 0A 87 ? ? ? ? 02 00, 0A 87 ? ? ? ? 04 00, 19 82 ? ? ? ? 00 00, 19 82 ? ? ? ? 01 00, 19 82 ? ? ? ? 02 00, and 19 82 ? ? ? ? 04 00). Then went through and change all of the checks to FF 00. In all, it was a few hundred locations to change. Efficient, no. Quick, no. Annoying, yes. Functional, yes.

Thysanoptera likes this.
  8. Oogarr

Oogarr Newbie

Reputations:
    Glad to hear someone else is running this on their RBS late 2019. Would love to trade some numbers and temperatures. Trying to find a happy medium. I can get through a Cinebench r20 at 3.5ghz all core, but any stress tests (especially when adding the GPU into the mix) temps get way too high. Re-pasted and stress tests still pushing it too high.

Followed all steps in the first post, applied a modest -50mv undervolt to core/cache, and undervolted GTX 1650. I limited all core boost to 3.0ghz and tried stress tests but temps still get a little out of control.

9. Thysanoptera

Reputations:
    How do you do a stress test? Aida + Heaven? I’ll do one today evening, will post a screenshot.

10. Oogarr

Oogarr Newbie

Reputations:
    Aida, cpu + cache and heaven. Will also run again tonight to get proper numbers

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk