1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

T61p Buyers Post your Shipping Dates Here

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Jeremy092288, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy092288

Jeremy092288 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, I would be pitching a fit to a manager somewhere. Did that push your shipping date back any further?

2. stallen

stallen Thinkpad Woody

Reputations:
    My final order was on 7-12. Expected Ship date 7-31.

I told the second sales rep to say something to the first rep that I was POed about him changing it. I figured it wouldn't get very far with a manager and do me no good.

Anyway, I figure it is pretty common so I discourage people from calling if you are trying to get any "online only" discounts.

3. Jeremy092288

Reputations:
    Yeah, I had no idea. I had to do my order over the phone, I didn't have enough room on any credit cards so I had to split it over 2! :D

4. Slyweezy

Slyweezy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered online using the AMEX discount. would this have delayed the shipping maybe?

On the lenovo website, it says 1-2 weeks shipping for the t61p. One month is significantly longer in my opinion. Was i just naive to expect it would actually take 1-2 weeks? I really hope the date doesn't get pushed back further, i need this machine for when i start college in Canada at the end of August. If it ships after I'm gone... well that would simply suck. This is my first laptop so I'm unsure of what to do about this situation or even if anything can be done. What do you guys suggest? Is it worth calling Lenovo to bug them about this? Thanks.

5. Jeremy092288

Reputations:
    Yeah, that would suck, Apparently they are having screen shortages. Lenovo rep said that they knew about screen shortages before orders so the estimated shipping date is calculating the screen shortage. It shouldn't be after that date according to him. Hope this helps!

6. newskin

newskin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just placed a T61P order on 7-17 and the est. ship date is 8/17. That is a full month. So much for 1-2 weeks.

Anyways does anyone know of any good deals for a 2 gb stick of ram? and also where's the cheapest place I can get a 7k200? Thanks in advance.

7. stallen

stallen Thinkpad Woody

Reputations:
    The first page is updated daily on the best RAM deals: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=121363

zipzoomfly.com for the 7k200 - $219 free shipping:
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10005818&prodlist=froogle

8. newskin

newskin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  9. Jeremy092288

Reputations:
    Wow you ordered 6 days after us and your shipment date is 18 days after ours. Looks like a lot of people ordered T61p's!

10. newskin

newskin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Wow, I just noticed that. Oh well, I am not desperate for it as long as I get it before school starts.

I got mine configured with 1 gb and I was planning to put another 2 gb stick in to make it 3 gb. Does it slow down performance when I have an assymetrical configuration? And I ended up getting a 32bit version of Vista, was that a bad idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.