T61/X61 SATA II 1.5 Gb/s cap - willing to pay for a solution

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by dubak, Feb 14, 2010.

?

Would you be willing to spend some money for a solution enabling SATA II on your T61/X61

1. YES

228 vote(s)
    71.3%
  2. NO

92 vote(s)
    28.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter_X60s

Peter_X60s Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I might have missed it but is there a bios SATA II fix for an X60s from middleton the bios wizard?

2. bcnmartin

bcnmartin Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I have a X60 tablet 6364 thinkpad model and I need urgently to change the mini-pci wirellescard by another not official one but I get a BIOS error :(

I think X61 tablet have the same oficial BIOS, but when I try to apply "Dual-IDA_SATA-II_Whitelist_SLIC21_ThinkPad_X61_Tablet_BIOS_(1.25-1.02)" patch using WINUPTP as administrator I get this error: The process does not reconize this system. The process has been canceled.

I NEED HELP!!

Thank you.

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The X60t is a SATA I machine and cannot be upgraded to SATA II from Middleton's update.

4. gpenn1390

gpenn1390 Newbie

Reputations:
    Owner of a T61p (6457) with Intel 320 series SSD (120GB).

Read speed went from 79MB/s to 113MB/s.
    Write speed went from 98MB/s to 126MB/s.
    Boot time was -15 seconds.

pretty amazing stuff... easiest way to soup up a thinkpad! Be sure to donate!!!

5. ddr3

ddr3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all. My machine is Thinkpad T61p with the updated BIOS per discussed topic. I have updated it a few months prior, and a few days ago I started to experience strange behavior: laptop is unable to boot at first attempt, occasional BSOD, and even Error 2100: HDD0 not found. My question to the honorable society of Thinkpad lover is this: does the updated (unofficial) BIOS have anything to do with the infamous Error 2100? Does it affect the SSD in a long run, such as more rapid SSD wear out, or some intermittent connection error? And how to resolve this annoyance (or lead me in the right direction of search). Your assistance is very much appreciated.

6. middleton

middleton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why do you think X60t and X61t have the same BIOS? It's not so. Leave your request here.

However just found out that the original zender's X60t whitelist patch is still on my HDD. So I can send it to you (my email address is on page 7).

7. gpenn1390

gpenn1390 Newbie

Reputations:
    tough to say... check event viewer and if you have a windows disk do a sfc through cmd. thinkvatage and the SSD manufacturer should have diagnostics. also try updating your firmware for the SSD

8. bcnmartin

bcnmartin Newbie

Reputations:
    You are right, are not the same bios :(
    The request has been done, thanx!

9. ddr3

ddr3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok. The problem is even worse. The event viewer is broken:
    "Event Log Service is unavailable. Verify that the service is running."

Windows can hardly load at an nth attempt. Safe Mode is loading fine.
    Occasional Error 2100 and BSOD show up. Often the Aero would not load, though in Personalization window there would be a link to correct it.
    Often the audio would not load, and I would have to click on the icon in the tray to resolve the problem.

My SSD is Crucial RealSSD. The SSDLife shows 100% health. As I said before the BIOS is updated to the modified one. I tried to update to the latest official on,e but it won't let me, saying not needed.

Antivirus is KIS2012 working fine, no malware.

I suspect it is the link between SSD and the system that is unreliable. I am not that techy to know exactly the terminology.

Pleas help.

10. ScottyBoy

ScottyBoy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you have a spare HDD that you could temporarily replace the SSD with?

If you do that at least you'd be able to see if it's the SSD that's at fault, if the system is stable with the replacement HDD...just something to consider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.