T61/X61 SATA II 1.5 Gb/s cap - willing to pay for a solution

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by dubak, Feb 14, 2010.

?

Would you be willing to spend some money for a solution enabling SATA II on your T61/X61

1. YES

228 vote(s)
    71.3%
  2. NO

92 vote(s)
    28.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigiDoc

DigiDoc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did I ever mention that at times I'm blind as a bat? :D lol! Just saw it after you pointed it out to me.

[edit] I just donated $35 to you. [/edit]

2. zephir

zephir Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I know ;)
    Ideally I would give middleton the modified BIOS that leokim made, but I'm not sure if middleton is willing to mod a BIOS for a small number of people with X61s SXGA+ (But if you want to :p I can send you the BIOS in question via private message, middleton)
    EDIT: Also referred to your thread from thinkpads.com forum. Hopefully this patch gets more exposure, and you get more donation.

3. microic

microic Newbie

Reputations:
    As I know, revision number 2.25 for sxga+ support a sata II speed , SLIC 2.1 , whitelist,etc. In my guess , you shoud get a permission to modify the bios that leokim made. you should better to keep in touch with him to get a revision number 2.25 bios.

4. middleton

middleton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I promise that I'll try to solve this issue.

The patch for X61 Tablet will be available tomorrow.

As for X61T see above. As for your other questions see below :D.

Feel free to PM me. I'll try to help you. And I hope you'll explain me why your X61s has so much issues running on almost official BIOS (only SATA II speed is changed).

To all:

Guys, I want to know your opinion. Should I wait some time to check that SATA II patch works without issues or it would be better to release SATA II + Whitelist + SLIC 2.1 BIOS as soon as possible?

5. XStoneX

XStoneX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think that one week awaiting time should be enough. I wrote the link of your download thread in the german Thinkpad-Forum.de, there are a lot of users using your BIOS now ;) No one has reported problems so I think one week is enough.

Again: you are great!

Greetz,

XStoneX

6. zephir

zephir Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh wow, I guess leokim is really far ahead on his BIOS mod progress right now. The thing is that I tried contacting him a few times before via email, but he never replies, so I guess he's ignoring me :(
    It seems like you have access to the newest BIOS that he distributes, so if it's not too much trouble, can you send it to me via private message? I have no intend of distributing that BIOS, only the one he made publicly available on 51nb a while back. I realize that you may not have permission from leokim to give to other people, so I completely understand if you decline.

I'll try sending the BIOS to you via PM or email tonight, as I don't have access to it currently. Essentially, this is a BIOS modified by a Korean modder name leokim, who included the SXGA+ microcode from the X61t bios to the X61s bios, so people can transplant the SXGA+ screen from the X61t to the X61s. As such, you should find a portion of the BIOS code identical to the X61t BIOS, while the rest is from the X61s BIOS. He also included the whiltelist mod to this BIOS, but no SLIC 2.1

7. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    delete 10char

8. zz243

zz243 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi
    does any t60/t60p bios or patch work in progress??

9. lead_org

lead_org Purveyor of Truth

Reputations:
    The T60 intel chipset doesn't support SATAII mode, it is hardware limitation not a firmware limitation.

10. BNHabs

BNHabs Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wait until' you make sure that this patch works without any issues. It's better to be slower and get everything done perfectly then make mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.