T61 Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by jjfcpa, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derp

derp Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    reading this has made me salivate some more. haha.

my t61 only ships on june 11. :(

2. Wh1t3w0lf

Wh1t3w0lf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Andrew has plenty of photos in his review

3. SkiBunny

SkiBunny Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This info should help

http://www.prismo.ch/comparisons/notebook.php

4. Mathelo

Mathelo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    SkiBunny,

Thanks for this link. I have seen other charts similar to this one. I do understand the differences in terms of pixels but I'm trying to get a sense of the subjective differences.

Louis

5. burningrave101

burningrave101 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I want to see more. I like to see pics of laptops in more natural environments instead of just on a white desk. Would be nice to see some more photos of the back of the laptop showing the 6-cell or 7-cell battery.

6. Tailic

Tailic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try looking this thread up on the D630, it's about WXGA+ on 14.1 inch screens.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=124996

7. jjfcpa

jjfcpa Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine looks very evenly lit across the bottom of the screen. I am really quite pleased with the brightness.

8. jjfcpa

Reputations:
    On my online order from Lenovo, I initially selected the turbo memory, but I found that you could not include it if you ordered the EVDO card, so I had to eliminate it. The model I purchased from PC Connection doesn't have either, the EVDO card or the turbo memory. From what I've read, the turbo memory did not do much, if anything, for performance.

As for the EVDO card, I've decided to purchase the U720 USB modem from Verizon which will allow me to use with any of my current or future laptops.

9. jjfcpa

Reputations:
    I am really quite surprise at how comfortable this resolution is on a 14.1 widescreen. I could never get by with the 1280 X 800 because I often have lots of stuff opened at one time. I've typically used a 15.4 or 15 inch laptop with either a 1400 X 1050 or 1440 X 900 resolution.

I also considered waiting for Lenovo to release a 15.4 Santa Rosa laptop, but when I saw that they were going to provide the 1440 X 900 resolution in the 14.1 inch widescreen, I couldn't resist. I really like the lightweight and smaller form factor.

I don't think you'd be disappointed if your mobile with your laptop. Mine is with me almost 24/7.

10. Mathelo

Mathelo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I decided to experiment. I have a 20" CRT. I set the resolution to approximate what I would get on this 14" widescreen at 1440x900. I sized the Excel spreadsheet accordingly. First, I have to say this resolution is just fine, even on a CRT, which will not be as sharp as an LCD. Second, the size difference between the 14" and 15.4" is just not that great. I think I'll be happy with this smaller package.

Louis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.