T61 frame slightly "bent"-cause for RMA?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by 996GT2, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elfroggo

elfroggo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure you would be able to do that, especially if it's the same model laptop. I've swapped my hard drives between my T60 and T61p before. Not once has it complained about pirating.

2. jd1010

jd1010 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have your exact problem and my t61 is over a year old now. I'm not sure what the cause of this is. My brother has a t61 as well and his has a little bit of rise but not nearly as much as ours. If you're looking for reassurance, I haven't had any problems hardware wise and I carry mine to school everyday with big hardcover textbooks.

I know when I first got mine I was also thinking of whether I should send it in for a new one or send it in for repair. My concern of sending it to get a new one was that it would take them months to get me a new one. (My order was delayed for over 2 months) My reason for not sending it in for repair was that I just did not think that this would be repairable. I took the chance, knowing that I had a 3 year warranty if anything went wrong. So far, so good.

3. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    some of the threads on here just amaze me

4. atlguy

atlguy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    send it back. If you're picky about such things and aren't happy with the product just send it back. I had a few dead pixels on my screen and I just couldn't live with them. Lenovo didn't replace it or repair it to my satisfaction. In your case its been 2 months. Maybe they'll take it back with 15% stocking fee or not. Try though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.