T470 display res

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by another photoguy, Apr 20, 2017.

1. another photoguy

another photoguy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    On the Canadian Lenovo site the tech specs for the T470 show it as being available with ONLY one display... 1920x1080. No problem so far, because that's the display I would want. Unfortunately when I go price out the machine the configuration page only gives me one option... 1366 x 768. When I was in the USA last week I got the same result from the USA site. I just had a "chat" only with a Canadian rep, who insisted that the 1366 x 768 was the only option available. It seems illogical to me that such a low res display would be offered as the only option on a business-class machine, and suggested that there must be an error SOMEWHERE... either in the tech specs or (more likely) on the configuration page. She insisted that there were no errors (implying that I am stupid or crazy or a jerk for challenging her). Do you suppose there is a risk that this machine WOULD ship with a 1366 x 768 display as per the configuration tool?

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If it's says it's HD, then it's likely HD.

3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'm in agreement, HD is going to be 1366x768.

Dell, HP both offer 1366x768 panels in their business line. You might be surprised at how many IT departments don't bother with the upgraded panels.

Charles

4. another photoguy

another photoguy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks all. I'll be giving the T470 a pass I guess.