T450s Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by d2tbydt2, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Maybe as a place to start, try a different browser for testing purposes. I have PCs with lesser specs that have no trouble with 1080p video playback. I suspect it's something it the settings somewhere.

2. Ophion Dragon

Ophion Dragon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I've been having some issues with my newly purchased t450s. The Intel Display Driver keeps crashing and I can't figure out how to troubleshoot. Does anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions?

3. ZaZ

Reputations:
    You're running the latest driver or perhaps trying an older one may fix it?

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After updating to latest Intel graphics driver via update I now have no problems with video playback.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

5. ghott

ghott Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Question for the T450S owners....does the Intel 5500 graphics and associated drivers on the T450S allow you to run a total of 3 displays at the same time using a display port to dual HDMI adapter? My current HP is configured to use this same type adapter to run two external 1920x1080 monitors as well as the laptop's display. Just wanting to make sure a T450S will be able to support this as well.

Thanks!

6. ZaZ

Reputations:
    Yes. Lenovo did make some USB adapters, which would allow for up to six LCDs. I don't know if they still are.

7. ghott

ghott Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks ZaZ.

Question for all of the T450s owners,

Was wondering if any of you considered purchasing a Latitude E7450 vice the Lenovo T450s ? If so what features/factors pushed you towards the T450S over the E7450? Thanks for any input!

8. ZaZ

Reputations:
    Between the two, I'd pick the T450s for the better stick and keyboard all things equal, which they never are, but it was not an option when I bought. I've heard the E7450 is keyboard is firmer, but I'm assuming the stick is the same, which is not as good. The main benefits of the Dell are cost as it can often be had in the Dell Outlet dirt cheap. The T450s does occasionally goes on sale. I've seen $650ish a couple times, but the Dell can be had at that price or less more frequently. The E7450 has two memory slots, so if you want to do 16GB of memory, it cheaper. The Dell also comes with a three year NBD warranty standard and I think bumping up to accidental coverage is fairly inexpensive if you want to do it. You'll only get one year with the T450s.

ghott likes this.
  9. lookingforalaptopuk

lookingforalaptopuk Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I just became the (mostly) very happy owner of a T450s! I have one question - does anyone else's screen bezel sometimes make a weird "sticking" noise (almost like some part of the bezel gets stuck on some adhesive) when opening / closing the lid? It only happens on the right hand side, near the top... If I close the lid by using my hand on the top, it seems alright.

I asked elsewhere and someone said to try squeezing the top edge of the lid to make sure the bezel is properly attached to the lid. It seems to be attached OK.. any thoughts?

I think I could just put in a support call, but thought I'd check your opinions before I do so

Cheers

10. GreenStorm

GreenStorm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Check thoroughly - the display-lid has been a reported issue with the T440s and -50s series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.