T450s Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by d2tbydt2, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T450sNewbie

T450sNewbie Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks.

I'll remove the extra 4GB SoDIMM from the config and then put in a 8GB later on. And swap the 16GB M.2 SSD for a 128GB M.2 SSD, which still leaves me a 3rd M.2 slot vacant, right?

Appreciate the help.

2. mandeep

mandeep Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The adaptive display brightness problem is back, and now it's occurring even when plugged in. Does anyone know how to disable it? For those who don't know, the screen changes brightness depending on the color of the application on the screen. The transition can be seen easiest when transitioning between applications with black and white backgrounds.

3. Kenstang

Kenstang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I decided to return my T550 for a T450s. I had initially had a T440s and sold it to get the larger model but wasn't happy with issues in replacement IPS panels for it. I found a refurbished unit of the T450s on the Lenovo outlet for $544 with tax. It was the i5-5200u, FHD IPS, 4GB RAM and 500 GB Hard Drive, pretty much all stock, however without the FPR. Is this good enough to jump on or do you think it's worth waiting?

4. Kenstang

Reputations:
    You can turn off adaptive brightness by clicking the battery icon on the bottom right, more power options, change plan settings for the power plan you are in, change advanced power settings, go to display and disable adaptive brightness.

5. Kenstang

Reputations:
    You would have a third as long as you have the adapter for the module. Certain builds may or may not have it depending on the initial configuration that you got. It is under the internal battery pack.

6. mandeep

mandeep Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is already turned off.

7. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've only seen units for $700-850 for FHD... when was it $544? I can't find any. I would have jumped on that.

8. Kenstang

Reputations:
    It must have been one of their random prices. I was really surprised to find it that low as well. I did receive it, and am happy with it overall, just bummed it didn't have a fingerprint reader. But for the price I'm sure that I can live without it.

9. acaurora

acaurora Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    So I am having a problem I hope that someone can help me with - the Bluetooth is... non-existant.

I ordered my T450S with the 7265 wireless card, and it specifically says "with Bluetooth 4.0". However, on my system there is no Bluetooth in the Device Manager, Control Panel, anywhere. I decided to try to start over and did a total clean install, installing the PROSET WiFi and Bluetooth software/drivers from Intel's site, but again to no avail. If it helps any, I also tried running Ubuntu off a flash drive, and it did not find any Bluetooth either.

Does anyone know what could be the issue here? Is there something I forgot to install? The BIOS has no option to disable/enable the Bluetooth, so I don't think it could be a hardware issue... right?

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  10. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Is it turned off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.