T440s up on Lenovo website (IPS Screen, 1080p)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by bdoviack, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anandoc

anandoc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Even if it was disabled in the BIOS for maintenance purposes, it gets automatically re-enabled the moment you plug in the power adapter. Try plugging in the power adapter to see whether it starts charging the internal battery.

2. Nuigh

Nuigh Newbie

Reputations:
    Nope, it doesn't start charging automatically. And yes, I checked the BIOS settings, it does indeed re-enable the internal battery on the next power-on.
    I just removed the external battery and keep it plugged in. Windows shows it as 0% - interesting.

EDIT:
    Seems to be a dead internal battery straight out of factory! I will get a replacement one from the warranty service.

EDIT 2:
    No, it wasn't the battery, it didn't work after the battery replacement either. The Warranty Service replaced the whole motherboard, and luckily, the internal battery seems to work pretty well now.

However, I can't get my Fn -key to work after the motherboard replacement... I've been reinstalling the crucial drivers, but to no avail..

3. WhyDoINeedToRegister

WhyDoINeedToRegister Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does some of you play World of Tanks from time to time?

Could someone test World of Tanks 8.11 on his/her T440s with the integrated "Intel HD Graphics 4400" OR "Nvidia 730M"? (T440s with i3 CPUs excluded, ofc)

Could you test if you can play on FHD with LOW details above 60 fps?
    Could you test if you can play on MINIMUM resolution and LOW details above 60 fps?

Write down following details:

- Which CPU do you have?
    - Do you have the Intel only or Intel + 730M?
    - Does it get really hot? (like worried, the CPU will cut off?)
    - Average FPS with FHD + LOW details
    - Average FPS with minimum HD + LOW details

Thanks

4. WhyDoINeedToRegister

WhyDoINeedToRegister Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

No volunteers?

5. kordis

kordis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Check in the bottom here for the results of T440p 730m. For t440s, drop 5-15% fps I guess.

6. pejx

pejx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  7. 4minuteslate

4minuteslate Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I play D3 just fine @ 1280x720 with some settings set to high, not as nice as I am used to with my desktop but decent enough for a "work" laptop.
    Got an i7 with 12gb of ram.

8. archish

archish Newbie

Reputations:
    Can few of the T440S owners stress test the CPU alone for 5 mins and check what speed the turbo boost settles down to.

9. livebriand

livebriand Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For general heavier use (not gaming), do you guys think a 4200U and the 4400 is sufficient or is it worth getting a T440p (full voltage CPU) and the 730M? I'm mostly worried about future-proofing.

I'm also worried about single-channel RAM (the only real downside I see to throwing an 8GB stick in there instead of 4GB), mainly for graphics.

10. mvkdev

mvkdev Newbie

Reputations:
    I would definitly not put a 8GB bar into it, in that case => because dual channel makes machines in general, a lot faster (simply said, its twice as much bandwidth the processor can address and access on your memory at the same time, you want that, and need that these days). 8GB in total is enough in my case, can i ask what you are planning to do with it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my T440s since friday, and been a happy-kid since then, but i do have a few questions i hope somebody is able to answer:

I've updated my system to Windows 8.1, and ran the Lenovo system update software to get the latest of everything:
    What i wonder is, does this system come with Dolby Digital support or Dolby Theater? (this guy says we lost Dolby Theater, after upgrading to Win 8.1 https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T...e-Dolby-Home-Theater-v4-on-T440s/td-p/1509300 )

Only problem i have with this system is that when i turn on my bluetooth mouse (a HP z5000), the Realtek 2x2 M.2 card i have in my machine is going nuts, and drops the line to my WLAN router eventually.
    Are more people experiencing connectivity issues with this Realtek?

-Edit: According to Dolby we should have Dolby Theater on our devices, but have been downgraded to Digital Plus after upgrading to Windows 8.1, am i wrong?
    text on page says t440s, watch it: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/product/pc/laptop/lenovo-thinkpad-t430s.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.