T440s up on Lenovo website (IPS Screen, 1080p)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by bdoviack, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinuneuro

vinuneuro Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There is no control over what parts are used. Complaining about the screen is enough to get it replaced after you receive the machine.

As for the AUO being backordered in the US for warranty replacement, I'll find out if that's the case tomorrow. For the first 30min, the screen they installed seemed defective with faint lines running across, so they ordered another one. The lines went away and the screen is fine, but they're supposed to come and redo it tomorrow (which I'll ask them not to). When they receive the parts in the morning, they'll call to make the appointment and I'll know if the part is in stock.

2. limoooooooo

limoooooooo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Holy crap! Ship date moved from January 10 to December 31! Is this even real life? Strangely, shipping time is 9 days rather than 7. Maybe New Years delays things a bit.

3. Peripatetic

Peripatetic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ibmquality, did you ever receive your 5% credit?

4. ibmquality

ibmquality Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have not. I was going to call in. I wish I saved the tracking page which should an estimated delivery date of 12/27 because that is when it came. But I do have the email saying I was going to definitely receive it.

5. jimlee2

jimlee2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I will get mine on Sunday, but I am already scared hearing about screen, fan noise problems
    I dont want to return and wait another month to get a new machine

6. ibmquality

ibmquality Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have not heard complaints of fan noise. I do not have any. It ia silent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

7. limoooooooo

limoooooooo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Order finally shipped! Pretty much top spec model - FHD touch, i7 4600u, 12GB RAM, 512GB SSD & 6 cell battery.

Curious reading the shipping label though... it's with Expeditors and lists 8 items (all numerous 440 series models), but my address is the only listed recipient. Maybe Lenovo decided to send me a few extra laptops as console for screwing things up so bad :D (probably not though)

Edit:

Having never heard of Expeditors before I'm pretty impressed. The tracking is very detailed, they even tell you the exact flight number that the shipment is on! Once it reaches New Zealand I'd assume it's forwarded to a 3rd party for final delivery. Can't wait!

8. jimlee2

Reputations:
    did anyone upgraded the HDD? I want to have the 500GB HDD and boot the windows from SSD
    any suggestion?

also I can hear the HDD spinning, which is very annoying, anyone else has this issue?

9. jook33

jook33 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If Lenovo has not changed their previous main supplier for hard drives which was HGST, this is a common complaint with these drives, some of them have it, some of them don't, but since they do provide a lot of 7mm and other laptop HDDs, it is quite common.

10. jimlee2

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.