T440s up on Lenovo website (IPS Screen, 1080p)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by bdoviack, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibmquality

ibmquality Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Still waiting on mine.

1) Had to ask for a redirect from UPS via LEnovo. LEnovo has allegedly sent it but UPS has not updated it. Sent it in Monday morning new address has not even been updated yet.
    2) I did not get the 5% credit as promised via email. It says 5% would be applied at invoice not post invoice/credit. So not sure about what to do. UPS needs to hurry up and update my new address if Lenovo successfully sent it in.

2. anandoc

anandoc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is what was in the email from Lenovo:

I would assume that they would post a separate credit to your account (credit card, bank account etc). This would show as a separate credit and not a deduction from the original charge. Again, I am just assuming based on the wording of the email.

3. ibmquality

ibmquality Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks. But my product has already shipped two business days ago. Only one charge by Lenovo on the statement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4. pjc123

pjc123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, I was waiting for the 6th delay notice from Lenovo but the shipping ticket was just generated seconds ago and I should get my T440s next week. Hopefully I don't get the inferior LG display or any of the other many problems, but with my luck.....

5. trapeze

trapeze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, what kinda price match are we talking about here ? Did you just call in and ask for faster shipment ?

6. trapeze

Reputations:
    I wonder what monitor you have, AUO or LG, and whether you have similar monitor issues mentioned by some folks here. Thanks.

7. trapeze

Reputations:
    Me hoping the same. But it's hard to say. We might just end up getting the LG monitors that some folks had replaced out...

8. pjc123

pjc123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, not even looking forward to getting it any more. If I have to get the monitor replaced, the nearest repair depot is in the next state, and someone mentioned that the AUO screen is backordered anyway. Part of the reason I picked this laptop was based on early reviews, which I am sure was with the in-stock AUO screen at the time, so even though switching to the LG screen is based on their own supply issues, it feels like a bait and switch to me, worse than having the delivery being delayed further instead. Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

9. 4minuteslate

4minuteslate Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So the AUO and LG screens are random?
    If I place an order and request it to have the AUO display, would it work or would I need to send it for a replacement later on?
    Has anyone tried ordering like this?

10. trapeze

Reputations:
    Me too that mine is scheduled to be delivered tmr by 10:30am. Let's see what'll happen next...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.