T440s Owner´s Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by ibmthink, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stan3k

stan3k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I use 30 day standby with my 16gb m2 drive (instead of windows hibernate) to help prolong the life of my ssd

2. phamhlam

phamhlam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you do it in Windows 8.1?

What are the steps?

Thank you

3. stan3k

stan3k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    All I did to get it working was:
    - Changed the partition id on my 16GB cache m2 ssd to be the special 30 day standby id (as per Lenovo Support Express - Considerations to deploy Intel Rapid Start Technology) - I did find a better guide than this, but cannot seem to find it (will have a hunt and update post if I do find it)
    - Made sure 30 day standby was enabled in bios
    - Made sure 30 day standby was enabled in the Lenovo metro settings power app

And now, after 2-3 hours of sleeping, it enters the 30 day standby

4. AbootCanada

AbootCanada Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone tell me how they got the t440s with 730m?

5. kordis

kordis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can clearly hear cracking CPU sound when it is completely silent. Is it faulty in some way? Can you hear it too? Should I go to warranty?

AbootCanada: kuzniewski.pl - notebooki, laptopy, ultrabooki if you didn't see the post in the last page.

6. msweig

msweig Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think part of the problems with the AC card is power settings. I had problems with mine at first b(when on battery), changed one of the power settings, and the problem went away.

7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hmm, thanks for posting this. Ordered mine with the 512GB HD and MSATA cache drive, and will be upgrading it to a 1TB SSD myself. Now I know I can put that cache drive to good use!

8. stan3k

stan3k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I bought mine direct from UK Lenovo - in the UK the 730m is a configurable option.

9. livebriand

livebriand Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Intel 7260AC working fine here, first in win7 x64, then in win8.1 x64. I opted to switch to 8.1 later for the sake of battery life. I kept all the wifi card power saving settings enabled.

10. sshrinivasan

sshrinivasan Newbie

Reputations:
    So I received my unit yesterday in Canada, and it seems like a great little machine. I seem to have the so called crappy LG screen, and its certainly not as sharp and vibrant as it could be, but I'm sure there are some colour settings I can try, and its more than passable by my standards.
    1. Is there a good guide or resource to configure the colour/contrast/font aliasing (clearType) settings?
    2. HwInfo shows me that by default Intel's VTX (virtualization) instruction set is available but disabled. Any idea how to enable this? Id like to get a VM running with Linux, and would prefer to have hardware instruction support rather then pure software emulation.
    3. What upgrades should I get to various drivers and the BIOS? Is there anything in particular I should upgrade from the default install?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.