T440s Owner´s Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by ibmthink, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozaz

ozaz Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My T440s is not going to sleep when I close the lid.
    In Windows power options I do have it set to sleep when I close the lid.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it?

2. hc858

hc858 Newbie

Reputations:
    All right, so my month-old T440s is giving me a lot of problems. It bogs down really badly when I open just a few browser tabs, or any flash video. Also the wireless keeps losing packets and freezing for 20-40 seconds at a time. I did a clean factory format/re-install, and it's still like this. Does anybody have experience with Lenovo returns? Is the process a big pain or fairly straightforward?

3. sshrinivasan

sshrinivasan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, this is a great forum, and looking forward to being part of it. Just ordered my T440s in Canada with the following specs:

Processor - 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4300U Processor (3MB Cache, up to 2.90GHz)
    Display - 14.0" FHD IPS With WWAN
    Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4400 with docking connector
    Memory - 8G 4G Base + 4G (1 SoDIMM)
    Hard drive - 256GB Solid State Drive Serial ATA3
    Front Battery - ThinkPad Battery 3 cell Li-Polymer (23.2Whr) Front
    Rear Battery - ThinkPad Battery 3 cell Li-Polymer (23.2Whr) Rear
    Wireless - Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260AC with Bluetooth 4.0

Looking forward to it, coming from a Dell XPS M1530, and no Thinkpad experience. Hopefully the trackpad/pointer issues wont affect me since I have no frame of reference! A couple of questions

1. Have they fixed the issues with the LG screens? Anyone got this in Canada in the last month or so and can comment?
    2. How do I even tell who the screen manufacturer is, is it in the general System information or is some other way required
    3. I bought the 3 year depot warranty. Anyone from Vancouver have any experience with return/repairs around here? How much of a pain is it?

4. waz2k5

waz2k5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To answer questions 1 and 2, I'm from Canada and I received my T440s 2 weeks ago. It came with the LG screen. I used HWiNFO to find the screen manufacturer.

5. snoozeallday

snoozeallday Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I had only had mine for a little bit so I dont know if the experience will be different, but, they sent me a laptop and a box with a label to ship mine back. I waited until I was satisfied with the new one first.

6. 4minuteslate

4minuteslate Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Or ask them to email you the shipping label when setting up the return. You could use the box that came with it if you still have it.

7. kordis

kordis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can test some games if anyone is interested in how Nvidia 730m performs in t440s. Also, maybe sb could link the color profile for AUO screen? I remember it was around here somewhere but cant find it. Colours are really yellowish. Thanks.

8. ibmthink

ibmthink Notebookcheck Deity

Reputations:
  9. AbootCanada

AbootCanada Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you test cs go on low settings 1080 p, and league on max settings but shadows, v sync, and anti aliasing off 1080p?

10. kordis

kordis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I will try lol, but I don't have CSGO account. Maybe there is some kind of trial or invitation?

By the way, how much battery does sleep use for you all? Mine is probably 10-15% overnight which is too much I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.