T440s LG/AUO Screen replacement

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by guydbg, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokkun

tokkun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where did you order it from? Seems like the 1.1 is a lot easier to find than the 1.2.

2. oyangshan

oyangshan Newbie

Reputations:
    Got it from amazon. Just search B140HAN01.2 and that's it.

3. michaeldjcox

michaeldjcox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I order a .2 on amazon from HidEvolution and they sent a .1 instead.

Be careful

4. lee_wk

lee_wk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What's the difference between B140HAN01.1 and B140HAN01.2? I'm planning to order from this site where they promise zero dead pixel and zero dead spot. They allow buyers to select either glossy/matte type screen. I'm not sure whether they allow buyers to choose the model as well. I'm definitely getting to replace my hd+ screen.

5. lee_wk

lee_wk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. michaeldjcox

Reputations:
    I have found this virtually impossible to get to the bottom of.

I have tried to contact AUO - they ignore every contact attempt.

Many suppliers are vague about the differences. I suspect they are in the dark to.

I have the data sheets for both (I tried to attach them but I think they are too big. PM me if you want them)

Both claim to be anti-glare coated.

.1 is older - but still in production. It has thicker glass by 0.2mm. .1 seems to be very matte but has the snow/glitter characteristic of the some matte coating.

.2 is more recent and still in production. I don't know but I suspect the coating is different. Some say its the glossy version but not that glossy.I have never seen one to compare

HidEvolution said ".1 was made for Asus, Acer, and other manufacturer laptops while the .2 was made for HP laptops specifically"

I fitted the .1 instead of the .2. It fits and works fine.

However I am having trouble adjusting to the matte coating. I'm loving the freedom from reflections but am finding its giving me eye strain. This my entirely be specific to my eyes. But I did not notice this with the LG panel.

Other possible reasons - PWM freq - is 200Khz - is that enough? sheet says its a 6 bit + FRC panel = flash colour pixels at your to fake a bigger colour depth. I cannot find the data sheet for the LG panel to compare. Or perhaps my panel is just broken in some way

I would really love to get to the bottom of the difference before committing anymore cash.

Michael

aue84fr likes this.
  7. michaeldjcox

Reputations:
    Typical conversation with supplier :)

jinmei shi:
    08:23 Mar 26,2014
    hi friend .they are same .only version is .1 and .2.
    but often buy .2
    Hope can help u .Thanks
    Me:
    08:21 Mar 26,2014
    Hi,

Can you tell me the difference between the

B140HAN01.1
    and
    B140HAN01.2?

Is it possible to specify which one on order?

Thank you,

Michael

8. lanzi

lanzi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Michael, I received my display today, sent out by an aliexpress seller. The tutorial you've posted on the previous page helped a lot when I actually got to putting the screen in the case.
    I too received a panel which is the .1 version and can definitely recognize the snowy/gitter effect of the display you mentioned. Since I've never tried out the .2 version, I can't say for sure that the coating is different in the newer iteration of the panel but I can provide information that the 1600x900 AUO display, previously delivered with my original T440s configuration, had the same "snowy" coating. It will be hard to get used to it after years of working with the T410s with clear coating and higher brightness, but let's hope for the best :) I couldn't recognize any dead pixels or spots so far, so I got that going for me :)

9. guydbg

guydbg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OP here
    I recently got my new screen from amazon
    I bought a B140HAN01.2 and got a B140HAN01.1, contacted the seller and he said that the two versions and identical.
    I installed the new screen earlier today, using this tutorial: The perfect commuter developer linux laptop: Replacing the display on the T440s (he also used a B140HAN01.1)
    The screen is amazing! great angles. tilting it all the way down and the picture remains the same as opposed to the LG

Edit: I also used the old front bezel and it sticked just fine

10. cocteau30

cocteau30 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi - Did anyone try this? I'm looking at upgrading as well, just want to make sure I don't need any other connectors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.