T440p - Two quick questions before buying

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by JAJT, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAJT

JAJT Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there,

I'm planning to buy the T440p today for a business laptop - it will mostly sit on the desk in the office but it will be travelling with me as well a few times a year. I just had two quick questions that I couldn't find answers to:

1. Is the 500Gb 7200rpm hard drive acceptable or are the SSD choices "must haves"? I guess it's hard to envision the difference between the two without actually being able to sit in front of them.

2. Can the T400p do dual-monitors without a docking station or do I need to buy the dock?

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting my first thinkpad :)

2. kordis

kordis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1. The difference between HDD and SSD ar mostly loading times of programs and operating system. What is more, SSD consumes less power so the battery can give 10-30min more. The HDD is absolutely fine and you can replace it with SSD whenever you can or need.

2. You will be able to use both monitors. Just check the connectors since you will need one with VGA port ant the other with Mini Display Port(it has adapters for different connectors).

3. unferth33

unferth33 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you've never used an ssd then the had will be fine...

It's a different world if you do a lot (or even a little) disk access often though...

Booting from off to the login screen in 7 or 8 seconds is nice too :)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

4. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    If you are not in a rush to order you may want to wait, I got almost 18% off just a week ago, Lenovo promotions change frequently. For the experts, The T440P has VGA and mini display port so if you are outputting video and sound to a TV you will need a mini DP adapter to HDMI (assuming the TV has no VGA). IS this correct?
    I would recommend against ordering an SSD with your machine, the crucial m500 Amazon.com: Crucial M500 480GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT480M500SSD1: Computers & Accessories 480 GB can be had for less than the 256 GB offered on Lenovo's site plus you get the 500 GB for backups or other uses.
    I just ordered one .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.