T440p Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by blackspawn, Dec 21, 2013.

1. buckling spring

buckling spring Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow, sounds like you got a great deal! Please let us know how you like it next week. I am specifically interested in your impressions of the 1600x900 TN display. Some TN displays are pretty good, so I'm wondering if you will find yours livable or if you will feel the need to retrofit an IPS display.

2. Quicklite

Quicklite Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    For the ThinkPad T440P (i7-4800 quad, Nvidia 730M, 1600x900) - what power supply works better? e.g. is 90w okay or does it need 130W?
    Thanks!

3. unferth33

unferth33 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I keep a 90w in my backpack and I haven't had any issues with adapter warnings or anything... I did try a 65 watt finsix adapter and it does nothing at all :).... (it might charge while it's off.. but that's not helpful at all)

4. vandr0iy

vandr0iy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, T440p users!
    I'd like to hear an opinion of the linux users among you.
    I've got a problem with the EFI partition - basically I'm unable to add boot entries, because "EFI Variables are not supported on this system" - which is clearly untrue.

If I mount the NVRAM partition where all the efi vars are (using the command "mount -t efivarfs efivarfs /sys/firmware/efi/efivars" ) I can see that it contains only 100-150kb of data (of which the largest one is the logo, with its whopping 61kb, while the others are the BIOS settings, I suppose).

It already happened to me before while I was installing gentoo, but I solved it by removing all the "dump-*" files (as archwiki says https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.ph...erface#Requirements_for_UEFI_variable_support) and creating an entry manually using some efibootmgr CLI magic.

Has anybody else ever experienced such a problem? never had anything similar with any other laptop, hence posting it here...