T430s owners'/would-be owners' thread.

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by XX55XX, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cape Consultant

Cape Consultant SSD User

Reputations:
    Anyone know what the details were on the recent Lenovo sale was? I missed it and want to negotiate if I can. thanks.

2. x3geek

x3geek Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anybody tried putting a memory card in it? my machine can't read beyond 4GB SD Card. I have 16 GB patriot class SDHC card which it couldn't read. found this thread but it doesn't apply to our machine as the card reader is different (our driver file is risdxc64.sys).
    tried installing the driver from lenovo site but windows says latest is already installed.

3. tranle

tranle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If it is formatted with FAT then 4GB is the max it can handle, FAT32 should be able to larger partition.

4. x3geek

Reputations:
    the card is formatted as FAT32. I have 4 years old HP laptop that reads it fine. I suppose gotta find working drivers for this. did anyone else encounter this problem?

5. Nrbelex

Nrbelex Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I can read a 16GB SanDisk card without issue. Using Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller driver 6.10.10.32.

6. t430s-er

t430s-er Newbie

Reputations:
    Of the four little "feet" supporting the T430s, one is fixed on the battery pack. The rubber fixed in the "feet-socket" of the battery pack on my laptop is slightly thicker than the other rubbers.

So when the machine sits on a table and the lid is open the area of the left palm rest is not entirely resting on the table. Each time you put your hand on the palm rest or you raise your hand you clearly feel the laptop going up and down.

Anyone ever tried to fix this?

7. CausticRain11

CausticRain11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's interesting. My t430s doesn't have that issue. The battery rubber seems to be the exact same as the other ones attached to the laptop

8. t430s-er

t430s-er Newbie

Reputations:
  9. x3geek

Reputations:
    I tracked down the volume button not working issue, i believe its because of adobe flash in firefox (didn't test in other browser). on youtube if i click any part of vide then volume control button stops working until i click outside of firefox. aahh flash 11.3 has been nothing but problems. gonna downgrade to 11.2

EDIT: yeap, just downgraded to 11.2 and volume control works fine even if i play around with youtube video controls

10. Nrbelex

Nrbelex Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I received a few questions about the T430s which I thought I could more helpfully answer here. Apologies for the quick answers; I'm traveling and answering on my phone.

1080 video has been absolutely no problem at all with the HD4000. It's more than up to the task. I haven't gamed with it, but reports online indicate that many modern games can be played with it, even if the graphic settings have to be adjusted to low.

The HD+ screen is perfect for this size laptop. Text is easy to read at the default settings, and web pages are shown in full. Two Word documents side-by-side will probably be cramped, but I haven't really tried this much. I would not go with the lower resolution option.

I went with the T430s over the W series for the portability. Originally I prioritized the screen quality, and the wide gamut panel on the W530 would have clearly won compared to the T430s (likely by a lot). But I decided being able to easily take the laptop anywhere is more important since I can always plug the laptop into an external monitor even better than the W530's, which is what I intend to do.

Haven't had the chance to install Photoshop yet, but I'll give my impressions of how the T430s handles it once I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.