T430s owners'/would-be owners' thread.

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by XX55XX, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam12

jam12 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For those with the NVS 5200M, what sort of battery life are you getting with the 6 cell battery? Also, what temperatures do the CPU and GPU reach during everyday tasks?

Cheers.

2. DaRQsiDe

DaRQsiDe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  3. Nrbelex

Nrbelex Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I wound up with a Tom Bihn size 4 Brain Cell which fits the T430s perfectly and provides serious protection. It's a whole lot bulkier than a sleeve, but it's got both soft cushioning and a hard shell, so it seems pretty perfect.

It also clips into their Zephyr bag, which I've got ordered (reviewed earlier on NBR).

4. mirkot

mirkot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got this Lenovo top-loader bag (Part number: 57Y4309). It is slightly taller than needed but it looks good. It is quite light and padding is OK. It was $25 couple of weeks ago.

[​IMG]

5. Kasseev

Kasseev Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone,

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered the T430s during the recent 3 day sale online. I just need some help narrowing down what kind of addons and accessories I want to buy.

Here is my build:
    i7-3520M, HD+, 4GB RAM (Base), Backlit Keys, 320 GB HDD (Base), 500 GB HDD ultrabay, Expresscard (Base), 6 cell battery (Base), bluetooth 4.0, Integrated wifi 1x1 (Base).

Anything not mentioned I did not get. I just want some suggestions as to what people have been buying to upgrade their machines (btw I have around 230~ dollars gifted on Amazon, so stuff from there would be great)

First priority is probably going to be RAM, but not sure how much/what type to get. Also, not sure if I should bother upgrading the wifi as well as reviews seem to conflict. Finally a good SSD would help too.

Quick question about the ultrabay - I have already upgraded to a HDD, would getting a 3 cell battery now be mutually exclusive or can I use both at once?

Thanks!

6. CausticRain11

CausticRain11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would definitely recommend the 3 cell battery. It makes a world of difference. I am able to use my 3 cell and my dvd drive by just popping the dvd drive in whenever I need it. It might be slightly different with a hard drive though

7. stillwater_z

stillwater_z Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I also have this problem. It is just not responsive sometimes until change the volume from system task bar. Is someone has idea how to solve this problem? Thanks.

8. stillwater_z

stillwater_z Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I also have this problem. It is just not responsive sometimes until change the volume from system task bar. Is someone has idea how to solve this problem? Thanks.

9. t430s-er

t430s-er Newbie

Reputations:
    I received my T430s with a 180 GB SSD last friday. Unfortunately, I'm already experiencing a lot of stability issues without doing any actual work with the machine.

For those interested in my progress of trying to fix the isssues: I'm keeping a log on Tumblr.

10. Nrbelex

Nrbelex Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    If doing a true clean install (not recovery) doesn't fix your problem, it's time to send it in to the depot. It sounds like you may have a hardware problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.