T430 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by pchome, Jun 7, 2012.

1. pakastin

pakastin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ah, okay. Need to reconsider and thanks for the T430 ultrabay info. I got mixed up. :)

2. yaonyc

yaonyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫiͤcͫeͤ

Reputations:
    T430 iGPU model board view diagram / motherboard schematics PDF

Mega .nz/ #!utpXTSLJ!8T8l7-kqEmeo-wG8T_QQfwqADa0muZ0KrQ1hNI5N0Xo

4. fedcas

fedcas Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have a different laptop (yoga 520) which also has the Battery conservation mode option in Vantage utilty, but I just discovered that in the ThinkPad version you can also customize the threshold percentage which is great (on the yoga it's locked at 55-60%), this is a screenshot I found for the T430:

[​IMG]

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to force that setting also on my Yoga... I made a few tests and my version of Vantage saves the Battery mode in a string here:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lenovo\ImController\PluginData\IdeaNotebookPlugin
    It's a string called BatteryChargeMode

I would really appreciate if someone with the thinkpad who has customized its threshould could have a look in the registry for me... probably probably the registry key would not be called IdeaNotebookPlugin, but I guess it will be something similar in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lenovo\... or in the worst case a CTRL+F for "BatteryChargeMode" should do the trick. I would like to know what strings are in that string... just to make an attempt at creating them manually.

Thanks in advance!