1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

T401? New Platform?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by vaio_boi, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaio_boi

vaio_boi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was just wondering...when do you think we will see a refresh on the T400? Is Intel supposed to release a new laptop platform this year?

Also, are all the keyboards on the new T400 now bad to the old nice T60 kind?

2. sgogeta4

sgogeta4 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Doubtful to see a refresh this year. Intel should release a new platform by the end of the year, you will probably see a refresh in 2010.

And no, the keyboard issue has been corrected. They use the same keyboards as the T60/61.

3. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Emodicon Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I believe Intel is releasing the next platform, Calpella, at the end of this year, so expect most OEMs to have a refresh at the beginning of 2010. The T401/501 will likely be refreshed then.

4. chupacabras

chupacabras Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Intel says q3 for Capella. My memory could be wrong, but I believe with the Santa Rosa launch they had products announced by manufacturers on the same day.

5. MidnightSun

Reputations:
    Initially, yes. But I believe Intel pushed it back due to laptop OEM demands.

6. nomanland

nomanland Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It will certainly be refreshed by then if that's when Intel has their new line.

7. sergiotv

sergiotv Newbie

Reputations:
    A new platform is coming, Intel is readying Centrino Montevina Plus, an updated version of the existing Montevina laptop platform.

Montevina Plus

8. pi3guy

pi3guy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Will the t series get a gfx update? I want to see the 4570 in the t400 and the 4650 in the t500

9. sgogeta4

sgogeta4 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There really isn't any difference. There is just a newer chipset (G47) which ups the GMA X4500 speed, faster processors, faster lower voltage processors, which leads to price cuts on current processors. No new tech, just increase in speeds.

Hopefully Lenovo will update GPU but I wouldn't hold my breath.

10. SonDa5

SonDa5 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think the SL300 and SL400 may get "ATOM ION" technology soon.

It's a rumor that Lenovo will soon have a super "netbook" and both the SL300 and SL400 would compliment Lenovo's line of notebooks as "netbooks" IMO.

Also Lenovo is not selling SL300s or SL400s right now. Leads me to believe they are getting some overhauling.

11. MidnightSun

Reputations:
    I don't think Lenovo will put Atom processors in those two laptops. Intel has strict designations of what it terms a "netbook," and only netbooks are allowed to use Atom processors. One criterion is screen size - I believe the largest so-called "netbook" is 12".

12. SonDa5

SonDa5 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Yeah that was part of the rumor. Lenovo wants to do their own thing. 13" ThinkPad type of "netbook" would be awesome IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.