T400s officially announced.

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MaX PL, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gforce23

gforce23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The above config costs $1,650 on the CPP web site.

Here's the config I'm considering right now for $1,518 without added discounts:
    SP9400
    Vista Bus 64
    WXGA+ LED
    4500MHD
    2GB DDR3 (1 SODIMM) - I'll add an OCZ 2GB DDR3 stick for $30 off newegg
    Ultranav + FP
    128GB SSD
    DVD burner
    Media card reader
    6 cell battery
    Bluetooth
    WiFi Link 5300

2. The Oatman

The Oatman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have to disagree. Try the color profile I posted a while back, it makes a day and night difference for me. It goes from being a really crappy display to something really nice (though the viewing angles remain sub-par).

From the review on this site I would guess that the T400s display is probably better though.

3. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Nice notebook, but far too expensive for me, either way, I got my tracking # for my T400!

4. MaX PL

MaX PL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    spec wise i think its only about 15% costly than a comparable T400.

some may think its costly because you cant configure options with weaker CPUs.

5. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm calculating a difference of closer to 40% higher than the T400. That's with the T400 as closely as possible to the specs of the T400s. The T400 totals $1117 and the T400s is $1599.

6. menos

menos Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Do you mean that profile? I applied it once I got the lappy - see the confirmation here :wink:
    Besides the poor viewing angles, "the light leakage/backlit bleed" is really annoying for me - a little perfectionist...

7. twister

twister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is this config from Lenovo or CPP? Because I wasn't aware of any added discounts with anybody else beside Lenovo. My problem is that I need a warranty greater than 1 year. Does anybody know if I can buy T400s from CPP or any other site and than extend my warranty through Lenovo? I buy my laptops new directly from IBM/Lenovo every 3 years, and if anything I learned (600x, T23, T42, T60) - 3 year warranty is a must, and Lenovo/Thinkpad service is bar NONE!!!

8. MaX PL

MaX PL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeh i used post #21 above for comparison and compared to what i payed for my T400.

i payed around $1400 with tax. and the configs in post #21 are roughly 15% more.

i guess my config isnt a close comparison hardware wise considering i have switchable graphics compared to the integrated on the T400s, but the T400s is also much lighter and thinner compared to the T400 so that negates any hardware advantage in my T400.

9. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've noticed that Lenovo's processor upgrades are over-priced (compared to most others). On a regular T400, they charge $70 to upgrade from a P8400 to P8600, but Intel charges the same for both of the those models (and Dell offers the P8600 as a no-cost option)! On the U.S.-spec T400s, it costs $125 to upgrade from the SP9400 to the SP9600, but the cost difference is only $32.

10. MaX PL

MaX PL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Engadget impressions here:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/23/lenovo-intros-well-connected-0-83-inch-thick-thinkpad-t400s/

"A new texturized multitouch trackpad that's one of the best we've ever used. Seriously. In contrast to the hyper-smooth glass pads found on the MacBook Pro, the T400s's pad is covered in tiny nubs, which feel amazing under your fingers and make gestures like pinch-to-zoom feel more precise, even if they actually contribute nothing. It's pretty great -- we wish all trackpads were like this."

Heres a comparison shot of the difference in thickness between the models:

[​IMG]

And more images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.