T/W530 FHD Color Profile

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Flickster, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshhhab

joshhhab Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here is the best one I've found for FHD display

2. Flickster

Flickster Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tried a few different online profiles before custom calibrating my FHD display using the Spyder PRO - that is the profile I posted.

The profile you have linked to is way to warm on my display and the black point is off for the W530 FHD, giving you reduced contrast. Also the Blues are not correct, which is probably due to it being to warm a temp for my display.

You can notice the colour temp is too warm in the greys and whites, also the shadow areas are more exposed.

It is however an improvement over the default profile but I will stay with my custom profile, I think it is much better suited to my W530 FHD display.

That is the thing with colour profiles, they are so easy to try and toggle ON/OFF. Anyone can try it, compare it to my profile and choose which one they like best for them. In saying that the point of profiles is to get accurate colour reproduction across multiple displays/devices, so images look similar no matter which colour calibrated monitor you use. For that purpose, I think the profile I posted is a better match on FHD screen - least for my display it is.

3. rebop

rebop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Went through your tutorial thanks, and it changed for the better. However, I cannot toggle on or off or try any other profile. Nothing changes again.

Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

~Bob

4. SvaTz

SvaTz Newbie

Reputations:
    Flickster,

Thank you very much for the custom profile, i just got my 1080p FHD W530 machine without inbuilt calibrator, it looks so much warmer then what it was before, one thing tho, i noticed when i opened a image file in ACDsee, it will look very different to the Windows Photo Viewer, the Windows default image browser look a bit wash out, but funny is if I click the the button "Play Slide Show (F11)" then in the full screen mode the image has the same result as the ACDsee's.

I have tried to put some images in Photoshop CS6, pretty sure it is displaying RGB/8 mode, and the result is the same as the Windows Photo Viewer before clicking the slide show button.... which is the wash out version...I'm not sure whether it is caused by conflict of profile settings or...pls help, i have no idea how to make all of them display as the same and correct colour.

Thanks,
    Ste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.