Synaptics causes BSOD on P650SE

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Stevehjger, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundChaos

SoundChaos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just had it happen again, within a couple hours after updating to synaptics 19.0.24.1 and control center 5.0.

syntp.sys (SynTP+0x6E9CC)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFE0005A600008, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800A2EBE9CC)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Im regretfully going to uninstall control center and see if that helps.

Mine could very well be orange too, but im very colorblind.

2. xink64

xink64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hotkey and control center is not the same I believe. When I check the version I go to the executable file of the program go to settings and then it should say somewhere which version of the program it is.

3. b0b1man

b0b1man Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys....seriously, who installs touchpad drivers nowadays :D Not only are most of us using mice, but windows has enough default drivers to run that pad on its own.
    I would never bloat my comp with touchpad drivers, even if it didn't work without them :D

4. xink64

Reputations:
    Well windows installs a TouchPad driver on its own which is prone to give people bsod, which is one of the reasons why this thread came to be!

5. b0b1man

b0b1man Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ah, damn. I thought it was the official synaptics driver who was at fault. This must be happening on the newer windows versions, as I've never had this on win7. I wonder what exactly is causing this...

6. xink64

Reputations:
    It's an official synaptics driver. It's just installed automatically by Windows 10. If you use 8.1 or 7 you also need this Synaptics driver for a "functioning" touchpad. However the problem here (with my setup however) is Win10 + a set of synaptics drivers which where autoinstalled and crashed the system constantly. Since version ****.24 of synaptics, it never makes any errors anymore. Guess they fixed it. The broken versions had a very smooth and nice scrolling, which they have removed, I suspect it was causing some of the trouble.

7. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    It seems MS rolled out a new build of Windows 10 not long ago. Has anyone been experiencing the crashes on this recent update?

8. SoundChaos

Reputations:
    I am still crashing with the new 19.0.24 synaptics drivers, and the BSOD even said synaptics was the cause of this. And to iterate that the touchpad doesn't even seem to be responsible, many of us on this thread including myself, have completely removed all traces of the touchpad drivers, and the crash still happens due to clevo hotkey.

And as far as needing the touchpad drivers, without them, I cannot disable the touchpad via hotkey anymore, and while i generally use a mouse, it is sometimes convenient to be able to use a touchpad and scroll smoothly, as well as customize its settings to function better. With them gone, I have to go to device manager and completely disable the device permanently, and its not even functional outside of games. I can confirm, windows does indeed force install genuine synaptics drivers, which was an inconvenience to prevent.

9. SoundChaos

Reputations:
    Yes, I have the newest windows 10 updates, and I am still experiencing this issue. It happened twice yesterday.

10. xink64

Reputations:
    I've just realized I was still on 10240 with no crashes in a long time.
    I will upgrade now just for sports..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.