Surface Pro 4 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Templesa, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know, I'm coming to this party kinda late. I can confirm that the i7 model I purchased last night is two by 8GB, 1867 MHz, SK Hynix according to XTU.

2. yashasvi89

yashasvi89 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys , is this a good time to buy a surface pro 4 ? or should i wait for surface pro 5 ?

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    You'll probably be waiting for quite awhile.

4. ratinox

ratinox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    PSA: If you're accustomed to undervolting your SP3 or SP4 then you may want to hold off a bit on Windows 10 1607. Kernel mode driver signing policies are being hard enforced in the Anniversary Update and the overclock driver in XTU is not appropriately signed.

5. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Emodicon Super Moderator

Reputations:
    FYI: If any of you SP4 owners are noticing increased temperatures after the Anniversary Update, check on your CPU clock speed (ie via CoreTemp, Task Manager, etc). Many users (myself included) have been reporting that the AU breaks CPU scaling and locks the CPU at the max clock speed, which for me was 2.9GHz.

Luckily, users have made a registry fix that essentially restores the broken processor power settings in the registry to pre-AU state. See here for details: https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/4wfish/progressfix_for_the_anniversary_update_cpu/

radji likes this.