Surface Pro 4 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Templesa, Oct 15, 2015.

1. eth3rton

eth3rton Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can the SSD be replaced on these if I wanted to upgrade? I was looking at iFixit.com and couldn't tell for sure.

Thanks!

edit: n/m after actually reading up a bit more...lol

2. berryal

berryal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. KOTULCN

KOTULCN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Earlier this year I bought a maxed out 15" rMBP (i7/16gb/1tb/dGPU) for school but now I'd like to have the ability to start taking all my class notes on a tablet to cut down on having to carry 4 notebooks. I looked at the iPad Pro then the SP4. I ended up liking the writing function better on the Surface so I bought the i5/4gb/128gb model with the new touchcover. I don't like the added weight, nor do I really plan on using a keyboard but I wanted something that would cover the screen while not in use and could be flipped around to the back while I'm taking notes. Have any of you seen anything like this?

4. chukwe

chukwe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm in the uk. I see a lot of ebay sellers selling the surface pro 4 from usa at a very cheap price. Is the us version different from the uk version? warranty?

5. PepeCZ

PepeCZ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  6. PepeCZ

PepeCZ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    If I have around max 1100 euro on surface, what is best choice

1) new Surface Pro 4 i5-6300u 4gb 128gb - from microsoft store 1099euro
    1b) new Surface Pro 4 m3 4gb 128gb - from microsoft store 999euro
    or
    2) use Surface Pro 3 i5-4300u 4gb 128gb - ebay from 799euro (only with acadapter) up to 850euro (with keyboard pen acadapter)
    3) use Surface Pro 3 i5-4300u 8gb 256gb - ebay from 900euro/999euro (only with acadapter)
    4) use Surface Pro 3 i7-4550u 8gb 256gb - ebay for 1090euro (only with acadapter)
    5) use Surface Pro 3 i7-4650u 8gb 256gb - ebay for 1099euro (pen and acadapter)

I will be use device for photoshop,dreamweaver and very light gaming (diablo3,starcraft2,..) but mainly for work.

When I look on all parametres wihtout gpu so best choice is maybe use sp3 i7 from ebay, but I read that i7 have in sp3 very big problems with throthling.

And when I look on it only eyes gpu power, so best choice is new sp4 because have it HD520 (I mean versus HD4400, maybe if i7 in sp3 havent problems with throtling so is it better because have it 40cores versus 24 in hd520. But what I read on internet so i7 have realy big problems with throtling)
    Only one thing what is strange, HD5000 aka Iris have 40cores and HD520 only 24cores but on notebookcheck in benchmark gaming list is hd520 on 290.place and hd5000 on 321.place - hm maybe skylake 24cores have more power than haswell 40cores

Or save money and buy use sp3 with i5 4gb?

..ah hard choice..

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  7. Frenchris

Frenchris Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a new surface pro 4 i5 256 GB SSD, i got double ghost click all the time .... microsoft refuses to refund what should i do ?

8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You should be able to return that SP4 for no reason at all. Just tell them it's not working out for your needs.

Or, if they don't like that, maybe you are past your normal return period? Ask if you can get store credit to get a Surface Book?

9. Frenchris

Reputations:
    Here s a video of the problem (same as this guy has on a SP 3....) :(:(:(

10. Frenchris

Reputations:
    ok need to thanks Microsoft they replaced my surface pro 4 and no more issue with this new device, i m very happy with this tablet. The issue above is hardware, the tablet need to be exchange...
    Great week end to all

Bronsky likes this.