Surface Pro 4 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Templesa, Oct 15, 2015.

1. skylt

skylt Newbie

Reputations:
    My surface pro 4 (i5/8/256) has some issues with graphic driver and battery life differs a lot depending on workload. The battery indicator usually predicts 3-4 hours batterylife but in reality me who uses mainly edge and office it lasts 5-6 hours with screen on recommebded setting.

Sent from my xperia tablet...

2. DanXbix

DanXbix Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Loving my surface i5/4/128 i switched from a Alienware m18xr2 as i purchased a xboxone and paired with the surface i can game via streaming and does everything i need. Very happy just wish Aus prices were better.. my cost $1695 with keyboard and going to 8gb model would have been 2200.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

3. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Complete your firmware updates and windows updates asap on the SP4 i7's as there was a 11/18 patch released (that works for i5's as well) and addresses some of these issues. I have noticed an improvement almost immediately (weird visual glitch before hand, none after)

4. be77solo

be77solo pc's and planes

Reputations:
    Anyway you could run a 3DMark11 P run? That's been my go to for years and I did extensive testing with my SP2, SP3 i5 and i7.... would love to see how the i7 performs after repeated (say 5 back to back runs). SP3 i7 did great on first run and then tanked after it heated up. I'm reading some reports of power throttling this go round on the SP4 i7 instead of thermal throttling on the SP3 i7.

Enjoy your new device!

Templesa likes this.
  5. canonyau

canonyau Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just thought I'd share with you guys, I have an i5 256GB surface pro 4. Thought it was defective because I was getting a lot of static electricity around the magnesium case when I had the power supply plugged in. I also noticed the fans were extremely noisy. I was going to return it but then tried putting the plug into the power brick the other way round and suddenly NO MORE STATIC! And the fans run very quietly now. I should mention that I'm here in the UK and use a 3 pin plug that goes into the wall but the plug that goes into the power brick has two heads and can be put the wrong way round quite easily.

Charles P. Jefferies and hmscott like this.
  6. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @be77solo Of course, would love to!
    ... as soon as I get my device back. WiFi kept dropping so I returned it but I'm on a waiting list for the device to come back in. It was an annoyance for me, since the 2.4ghz band worked great, but the 5ghz would drop every half hour or so and reconnect. I'll update again soon.

7. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Anyone still having the screen staying black/blank when waking the machine up from sleep or hibernate? I've tried a couple of fixes to help it. Not sure if it's a display driver fault or not.

8. berryal

berryal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just bought a Surface Pro 3 second hand to replace my Surface Pro 2, got the Type Cover 4 to go with it and wow! This keybard is so far superior to the Type Cover 2 it's almost beyond words. Firstly, the actual keys themselves are much more enjoyable to both type on and use for things like games, etc. But the biggest improvement is the trackpad. This trackpad actually works like it should do. The trackpad on the Type Cover 2 was absolutely trash, and this thing is a revelation. Just my 2 cents.

9. Wallzii

Wallzii Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I also have the Type Cover 4 for my Surface Pro 3, and it has definitely made the laptop experience of the device a lot better. I highly suggest anyone with a Surface Pro 3 to grab themselves the new type cover, you won't regret it.

10. Marcelosiciliano

Marcelosiciliano Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys im thinking on buying a surface pro 4 i5 256Gb, because im travelling to us and my GT72 Dominator pro is having hinge problems so i cant move it very much, so i need a portable device to take every day to college, but im a little worried with this issues im seeing people having. Are this issues being solved with the updates? Do you think i should buy it?