Surface Go, a worthy surface 3 successor.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kojack, Jul 10, 2018.

1. daddyfish

daddyfish Newbie

Reputations:
    , that is a good point, though you can charge the Go with usb c so you only need to bring along a small cable. Hopefully more OEMs will make Go clones, I do find these devices intriguing. :)

2. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I can complain then :D I bought iPad 4 few years ago and sold it to my colleague one week later.

It was a combination of size and weight and happened under special circumstances though.
    I had really bad tennis elbows at that time and holding iPad in one hand it applied torque through my fingers and hand to arm muscles and the pain was unbearable. (Second reason was I cheaped out and got the 16GB model, it was filled the first evening with all the games..) I bought iPad mini 2 with larger memory right afterwards and it has served me well ever since.

With that experience, I do believe that for some people using a tablet one-handed while poking the screen with a stylus in the other hand might be too much. Like checking manifests or something that requires walking around while making notes or checking boxes, no chance using it on table. How hard it affects user depends on user itself, tablets weight and also size matter because it has difference on the torque it makes in the users hand.

3. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Firstly the whole tennis elbow thing again makes you part of a small group of users.

Now, walking around taking notes/checks is a task done in many professions, though they are usually provided with some sort of PDA to do that (funnily some are heavy and not very user friendly but they still manage).

A laptop with Windows 10 however is far too capable of a machine to be doing a job like that (it also doesn’t have the battery life to handle it without charging during the work day possibly). It is again another minor use that most will not do.

The majority of people who would use this laptop are not walking around with a stylus believe me (it’s already bad enough people walking around looking at their phones, don’t want to imagine people walking around using a Windows “tablet”).

4. daddyfish

daddyfish Newbie

Reputations:
    , where I live lots of people use their phone when cycling, imagine them using tablets on a bike :D

Indeed not many people will probably work & walk/stand at the same time with their Go, but I can imagine people quickly doing some work/edits when they are waiting for something or someone (e.g. using thumb typing to quickly check or type something) and than low weight is a nice feature to have. Or e.g. sending out a quick message or email (some prefer it on a tablet than on a phone).

5. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I watched lots of YouTube videos with mine as well as surfing the internet some emails I would say I was only getting about 4-5 hours with it but like I said before I really liked it but with the adding the keyboard the cost was too much for me but I would buy it again if the accessories were included for a lower cost.

6. aVex

aVex Newbie

Reputations: