Surface Go, a worthy surface 3 successor.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by kojack, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Xerloq

Xerloq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Whoa.. ease off, buddy. Defensive much?

You started the topic as the Surface Go as a Successor to the Surface 3. Your words in that title. Texture support for Windows ended weeks before your OP. If that's a dealbreaker, why post? There's no discussion about that at all until you brought it up. Confusing, no?

No one's accusing you of being an iSheep or whatever. Chill.

Edit: put it another way, if your OP had been, "Surface Go or iPad - which to choose after Surface 3," your Texture comment would make sense as why it's a deal breaker for the Go. As presented it's out of place, and confusing.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It is a worthy successor to the surface 3. I just stated the reason I CANNOT buy one after. big deal. Speaking of being defensive!

3. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see nothing wrong with kojack's comments on this thread.

Xerloq, you are talking about "chill" and that you aren't calling Kojack an iSheep, but your defensive remarks seem to indicate otherwise. You said it isn't Microsoft's fault about the magazine app, well I fail to see which post of kojack blamed Microsoft - kojack is right, you are being defensive.

kojack likes this.
  4. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well I sent my Surface Go back after using it for a couple of weeks I really liked it although the battery life was lacking a bit.

I liked the crispness of the screen although a bit to small for me, the audio was excellent, the keyboard was really good considering how small it was but didn't take long to get used to.

The main reason I returned it was by the time I bought the keyboard the 8gb model with taxes it was over $900.00 for me that was a bit too much for what I was getting but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small computer.

Starlight5 likes this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Jabbok. What kind of screen on times were you getting?

6. iMbaQ

Reputations:
    With the release of Amberlake (and maybe could even include the i3 Whiskeylake), I think Microsoft missed a trick. They could have definately made the bezels thinner and the battery life for a device such as this should definately be longer.

Having played around with one in a store and knowing the above, I think the chances of purchasing one is near 0 (especially as the cost addsup with accessories)

7. aVex

aVex Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't agree with the bezels, I use this to walk and write notes, without the bezels there would be no room to hold the device. if you use this mostly as a laptop then the bezels could be smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daddyfish likes this.
  8. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure what you are asking

9. iMbaQ

Reputations:
    I think writing while walking on this is a rather rare use case for the majority of us, at least not one I think is worth increasing bezel size over. I like the bezel sizes of the competition such as the newer iPad Pro's etc. Also usually when writing, the screens are smart enough to ignore other inputs, so you shouldn't have to rely on bezels.

Besides that is one of the complaints, the battery life and the cost of add-ons, I feel, completely fail at what this product should excel at.

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    How long is your battery lasting watching movies etc.