1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

supreme commander 1 vs supreme commander 2 performance

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Rorschach, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csinth

csinth Snitch?

I played Sup Com 1 start to finish... and I only played the demo for Sup Com 2..

Bleh. The units in 2 look cartoony, and they immensely dumbed the economy down to a point where its no different from any other RTS. I loved the economy in the first game with its continuous income mechanic. It made a lot more sense within the context of the game, how you can have perpetually running factories.

With 2, each unit built subtracts the full amount from your resources, and if you run out, the whole factory just freezes, until you manually unfreeze it. What a pain.

They could have made Sup Com 2 accessible to a larger without removing this (necessary) feature... now there's no way I'm buying 2.

Rant aside, I think the game looks worse, and it seems to perform better than Sup Com 1. Which makes sense

2. Gotei 13

Gotei 13 Notebook Evangelist

I played both supcom 1 and 2. I find 2 to be good in performance and 1 was buggy. Supcom 1 would hang in skirmish after 1 hour.

Gameplay Supcom 1 wins by war. Gameplay was more complex which made it much more fun. Supcom 2 is too basic and looks the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.