Superb Battery saving tricks for your Android phone!

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Ultra Male, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Brings me back to my earlier Android days when I ran full custom everything and got ridiculous battery life compared to everyone else. Sadly my VZW Note5 is still un-rootable. I used to use Greenify and Xposed framework. I STILL miss Xposed to this day... RIP my volume rocker song skipping function when long pressed.

Vasudev and 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 like this.
  2. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Xposed was a golden era really ;) but since it have alot of issues on every new major android OS.. xposed became more used in older phone which usually stuck with an older version of android OS... it will always break the safety net checkup :oops: which means you can't use Samsung Health,Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Bank applications,etc... :rolleyes:

Maleko48 and Vasudev like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Just use L Speed (Includes Greenify and other features[Don't touch battery optimisation crap in L Speed they break auto brightness feature in latest update]) and control Services using SD Maid (basic or Pro) and Privacy guard. Toggle unwanted apps from ON to off For Boot,Keep Awake and Run in background to free up 1GB RAM and decrease cold boot time by 2-4 secs.
    As for ACC, disable that and let the battery firmware judge what's best. Samsung batteries lasts for 2 years on rough usage. In your case Note 9 will last until Note XV arrives with bendable tech and Tony Stark's Iron Man tech for HUD and armor.

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 likes this.
  4. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    For L speed. I use the beta versions and I don't suffer from any issues and also L speed includes governor tweaks for (Schedutil) ;) which is awesome :) as it wasn't included in the stable releases ;)

Good to know about Privacy Guard.. ;) never heard of it before.
    About saving 1GB of RAM... I mean... why?? We have 6GB RAM.. and I want to use it all.. an unused RAM is a wasted RAM :) I use a Magisk module called (Swap Torpedo) which will make much more smoother performance even when you use up all the available RAM... it will still be smoothie :) how to use all the available RAM?? By keeping 20+ Apps opened... which is unrealistic :cool:

Yes, I agree Samsung firmware knows better about handling the battery but ACC doesn't conflict with Samsung firmware battery management ;) ACC will actually prolong more the life span of the battery than Samsung can do due to it have cooling down mechanism and voltage monitoring whenever there's spikes :cool: even the developer of ACC was amazed about Note 9 battery management :cool: here....https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78129547&postcount=1656
    (Look at Da-BOSS post... that's my name on XDA forums:D)
    And I don't plan to buy a new smartphone for the next 4~5 years ;) Note 4 that I still have it till today have been working greatly for 4 years now... and when I heard about Note 9 specifications... I waited for it because it was having the most significant positive impact from features to specifications to battery compared to Note 4:cool:

And also.. I use immersive mode since Note 4 and also on Note 9 so that I don't have to suffer from burn-in screen ;) it is been 4 years with Note 4 and it doesn't have any kind of screen burn... and I expect Note 9 to break Note 4 record of never having a screen burn and problem free on the long run... as I'm pretty sure technology evolved between Note 4 era and Note 9 era :D

What I mean about problem free.. is Hardware issues that's unfixable.. but for software issues... well... I take a custom ROM from 4PDA(Russian forum) or XDA and I tweak it or rebuilt it according to my needs... & a custom Kernel from XDA through source codes and I modify or optimize it personally for my own need ;):cool:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Maleko48 and Vasudev like this.
  5. Vasudev

Reputations:
    L speed already include ZRAM optimisation or swap file optimisation.
    I believe Less is more is very true these days.
    I don't believe unused RAM is wasted opportunity. Apps should use RAM as required and don't overuse it since its expensive in terms of power because fully loaded RAM uses 1-2W than 0.6-0.8W on half filled RAM.
    I thought you were tweaking current and Amps for battery. ACC is good but every 6 months turn it off and charge the battery to 100% so that battery wear is evenly distributed. I believe you understand it perfectly! If you rapidly charge and limit charge cap to 80% the battery will last for 3-4 years w/o wear and tear. Once its disabled, you'll see the wear level ramping up slowly(yeah very slowly..) I observed it on Lenovo laptops wherein I limited charge to 60% and after 5 year and full charge and one discharge to 0% the wear level increased from 0% to 12-18%. I turned it off and wear level hasn't ramped up.
    I think you can limit charge using adb dumpsys as well.
    Run adb shell and run vdc fstrim dotrim and if you have super OCD you can see instant responsiveness in performance.
    Don't TRIM it regularly but every 3-4 days should be fine!

6. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    Yes :) I know L speed have swap optimization but... it doesn't disable it ;) it will only lower it and I want it to disable it because even when you half filled RAM it will use swap (which is slow) and produce lag... that's why I went with Swap Torpedo which will disable Swap mechanism and have smooth performance even if it near to full RAM.. see what I mean? ;)

Yes.. I plan to keep my Note 9 for the next 4~5 years :) and yes I understand you perfectly related to battery life span and I already know about it ;):cool:

Related to TRIM... I always trim it once weekly through Tasker ;)

Maleko48, Vasudev and Ultra Male like this.
  7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I always a keep a small portion of swap file. Only confusing thing is tweaking min free,foreground and background app RAM values.

8. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    Well... let L speed do the RAM tweaking and choose Balanced or Multitasking preset ;) I always choose Multitasking for my Note9 because it is obviously Note series are always made for Multitasking:D

Check the new stable version of L speed... it just got released an hours ago;):)

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Vasudev and hmscott like this.