Superb Battery saving trick for your Android phone!

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Ultra Male, Sep 20, 2017.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ok I will bro

One question have you tried pixelfilter?

I use this trick on a LG G5 and my screen on time max brightness in battery saver mode is 9 hours which is insane because the thing is a phone not a computer why would i be on it 9 hours a day surfing the web.lol

However It's still nice have that extra juice thank you again

2. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    An app called Booster on the appstore does that too, it calls it "standby" but does the same, pretty cool.

Thanks!

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Do you know how to root android phones. I checked the guide at xda forums and one thing bugging me is TWRP requiring the ROM files on sd card or something. I don't have a spare sd card so I am thinking if TWRP can directly flash to ROM w/o SD card.
    The phone is old and slow on jellybean. Phone is Samsung Core prime sm-360H. Tried Kingroot, kingoroot and iRoot all failed unable to gain root access.

4. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    No I am sorry, the KeyOne is my first Android phone, and it is unrootable.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Do you know anyone who knows rooting android phones?
    I don't have experience using Android.

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    So do notifications still work if we leave them "inactive"?

7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I've been doing this for a while, but recently - with the last 3 updates, only the middle one allowed me to adjust active/inactive, the 2 month ago update disabled the feature and it was reenabled last month, and disabled with the last update again, and just checked now - and it's working again - I haven't seen an update... weird.

With an update all the apps are "active" again, and I guess it takes a while before you can adjust them again. I guess I'll need to debug this next update :)

I disable most notifications by default, I only enable a few important ones, with flash "light" - no sound notifications - and no lock screen notifications. I also make "active" the apps that I take notifications from...why would you want to "inactive"ate apps you want notifications from anyway?

8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    That's the entire reason I want it. If I don't use an app all at that much, that's when I want a notification. Not the apps that I use frequently and see what's going on anyhow multiple times a day. Like I have multiple credit cards that I don't use that much, and different apps for each. But I like to get a notification if there's been a charge made on it, or other significant changes. So something I use maybe once a month, I don't want it running all the time, just to tell me when there's something significant to look at.

9. hmscott

Reputations:
    I see, well, it should be easy to test, right? Some apps / notifications easier than others of course.

It would be nice if the app would run when a notification came in, but when would it become inactive again?, when you clear the notification?

Even with inactive set, I still see quite a few applications closed when I use Greenify to "Hibernate now", so it's not completely effective, maybe the apps are becoming "active" even if set "inactive" by handling "notifications" even though I've disabled showing them?

Anyway, I actually almost ran out of power today, but I have settings such that it ran and calls answered even at 2%, plugged it in a 1%... back to 100% with fast charge in short order.

Love the Samsung S7 Edge :)

HTWingNut likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Hmm, I just noticed that Samsung Maintenance in Settings actually lets you set apps to sleep - never run in the background - the ones I have set I recall doing via Maintenance runs before, but I have a lot more set to be inactive... I guess we need to do both settings? I wonder if this option is the same as what Greenify is doing, maybe the Samsung setting will do better with not running Samsung apps in the background that Greenify (without root) does? Something new to tune :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Vasudev likes this.