Suggestions for a good gaming laptop under or at 1000$?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by SunnyChrono6, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunnyChrono6

SunnyChrono6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, I'm planning on getting a new gaming laptop which can run games like Crysis 3 at high(preferably maxed out,but I don't see that happening for 1000$). I don't really mind looks, but it should be durable and powerful.
    Help would be appreciated.

2. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm thinking about the lenovo y500 (sli would be best) or y580. If you could fill out the sticky we can give better suggestions because then we'll know your other needs like weight, battery life, screen resolution,...

3. SunnyChrono6

SunnyChrono6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not really sure if I can get it right now, so I was just looking for all possible suggestions. But thanks, nevertheless.

4. sangemaru

sangemaru Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    MSI GE60. I mean if you want to max out crysis you NEED one of the big two (7970m or GTX-680m). The GE60 is pretty much the only such machine that would fit your budget.
    Of course, you should fill out the form (pretty sure it's in the sticky of the section) and give a few more details about your needs.

5. Lykos

Lykos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you mean the GX60? The GE60/70 comes with a 6(5/6)0m. If his budget is 1000 he can probably get a 670m (maybe mx) on the budget that would out-do the GE60. The GX60 comes with a A-10 processor and a 7970m for around 1150. I've seen it go a bit lower and you can probably negotiate with the resellers on the price to get it at your budget.

6. sangemaru

sangemaru Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea, I meant a GX60, don't know what's wrong with my memory. I've seen it run for as low as 899$ at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.