Suggest me a gaming laptop under 1000eu

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by waelrz, Oct 8, 2021.

1. waelrz

waelrz Newbie

Reputations:
    what do you think of this https://www.otto.de/p/acer-nitro-5-...verfuegbar-1288764119/#variationId=1288764120 ?

Its a good one but with a 21ms response time on screen !

LAPTOP QUESTIONNAIRE

Total budget (in local currency) and country of purchase. Please do not use USD unless purchasing in the US:

1000eu : Germany

Are you open to refurbs/used?

No

How important is weight and thinness to you?

idc

Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

i prefer a low response with 144hz

Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

Gaming

If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

: Fifa 22 /Rocket league/Cs go / nba2k22 ..

Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

idc at all

Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

2. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, a slow screen is an easy fix with a panel swap after you get it.

The most important thing to figure out is the CPU / GPU since you can't swap them out very easily or cheaply.

I would take a look at Clevo based systems though and go barebones to save the $ up front and then put in the components you want.
    https://rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=247

If you find something there that's appealing then take the model # and throw it into a search engine for a more local vendor. It might be a different name as they get relabeled by different vendors. for instance the US versions come under the Sager name. I think one of the Euro versions is Eurocom.

3. waelrz

waelrz Newbie

Reputations:

4. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    XMG is the euro Clevo distributor in Germany

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I wish you'd stop pushing this idea on people who post in this sub-forum. Panel swaps should only be undertaken if you really, really know what you're doing. Even if you do, it's a nerve-wracking process that can end in disaster with one slip-up, not to mention that you're going to void your warranty.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @saturnotaku

If you take your time doing a swap it's not difficult. As to warranty that's just part of the game... if you need to send it in for repair then put the old panel back in before doing so.